IGNORED

New Vectrex Game: WAR OF THE ROBOTS

Rob Mitchell

A previously unknown Vectrex programmer named George Pelonis has just jumped on the scene at Rec.Games.Vectrex newsgroup and announced his secret programming effort: WAR OF THE ROBOTS game! Check it out. The preview demo makes it look fantastic! Another must have Vectrex game.

From his page:

Top-notch graphics & animation

Strong enemy AI

Goal-driven game play

Pseudo-3D environment

Radar display

Illustrated instruction manual

Cost is $25 plus shipping from California. Orders are being taken now and carts will begin to be shipped on July 21 .. Ten days from now!

http://geovector.tripod.com

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I'm trying to get to the site to pre-order but all I get is "cannot find server" so I assume it's swamped.  Do you have his e-mail?

Yeah .. VecFury@aol.com

The demo video is fantastic! I sent him an email asking if he would consider adding VecVoice support to make those robot beasties a little more pesky! :D

You cannot move forward, backward, left, right, up, or down. You're stuck in a watchtower!

Yeah .. that's what keeps it from being a Battlezone-style game. But still for a first effort at programming the Vectrex .. MY GOSH! And he told me that he is working on two more Vectrex games!

• 1 year later...

George Pelonis has announced that he is making new packaging for those who already own his WAR OF THE ROBOTS game! This packaging is similar to that of his new release, I, CYBORG! and features a small cart-sized clamshell box and custom label. See his site for details. Click on the WAR OF THE ROBOTS button and scroll to the bottom.

In addition there is a freeware version of the game for download and play on emulation or the VecFlash cart!

http://geovector.tripod.com

• 7 years later...