IGNORED

Buyer beware!

surfnmadness

I just ordered a few days back from Buyrite http://www.buyritegames.com. I ordered a little over $100 worth of games from their online 2600 library to fill in some holes in my collection.

Today I get an email saying, none of it is in stock so they are cancelling my order. I ordered over 10+ cartridges! Why list them on your website if you don't have them or plan on selling them when they come in? Sent them back email asking this and got another automated one saying they do not accept emails. LOL

At least they say I am getting my $$$$ back. Holding my breath now.

I've heard nothing but bad things about 4jays, but I do think someone said that if you actually walked into their store you were better off.

Their internet mail order sucks. Sounds like they really need to work out a better inventory system.

Even heard even less than stellar comments about their customer service as well.

I've been to 4Jays, and the loose 2600 cartridges are neatly stacked in big plastic drawers. In alphabetical order no less. But what they had in the drawers was a lot different than the inventory list they had printed out with prices (in a binder). That was obviously old. Perhaps with the turn rate being slow on most of the carts it's not worth it to change the lists often--both in the binder and online. They were nice in the store though. They let me go behind the counter and look in the drawers to see what they had.

I've been to 4Jays, and the loose 2600 cartridges are neatly stacked in big plastic drawers. In alphabetical order no less. But what they had in the drawers was a lot different than the inventory list they had printed out with prices (in a binder). That was obviously old. Perhaps with the turn rate being slow on most of the carts it's not worth it to change the lists often--both in the binder and online. They were nice in the store though. They let me go behind the counter and look in the drawers to see what they had.

Hey Atari Rescue, do you live in the Bay Area? I actually live in Antioch and frequent 4-jays. They've really started jacking up some of their prices on various items as of late, but it's a great store!

Jason

I just ordered a few days back from Buyrite  http://www.buyritegames.com.   I ordered a little over $100 worth of games from their online 2600 library to fill in some holes in my collection.

Today I get an email saying, none of it is in stock so they are cancelling my order.   I ordered over 10+ cartridges!   Why list them on your website if you don't have them or plan on selling them when they come in?    Sent them back email asking this and got another automated one saying they do not accept emails.   LOL

At least they say I am getting my $$$$ back.   Holding my breath now.

I had the same problem with buyritegames. I ordered a bunch of stuff and they emailed back saying they had none of it.

I actually live in Antioch and frequent 4-jays.  They've really started jacking up some of their prices on various items as of late, but it's a great store!

Jason

This is a coincidence I was just in Antioch Sat. for a pool party and decided to hit all the thrift stores, while searching I noticed a Video Game store named 4-Jays they were closed but I did wonder if it was the same as the one I have seen on the net, Well I guess that answers my question.

BTW I live in Fremont

FND

A little off-topic, but why do these people list Playstation, Dreamcast, etc as Classic Systems? That's always annoyed me.

Because they are not the "current" systems.

I mean lets face it.. the Psx game out in what... 95 (almost 10 years old) and the dreamcast came out in 97-98.... while the n64 was around 95-96.

I mean... that is just how things work.

the NES wasn't listed as classic for many years after the snes, tg16, genesis and other systems were roaming... but things are different these days.

†B†V†

Archived