IGNORED

More NES, SNES, FC, And SFC Games Coming to Switch

Magmavision2000

This month, Switch users worldwide are only getting four games. Those games are:

America & Europe: Pop'n TwinBee, Smash Tennis, Shadow of The Ninja, and Eliminator Boat Duel.

Japan: Pop'n TwinBee, Breath of Fire 2, Atlantis no Nazo, and God Slayer (Crystalis).

Why can't we get games like Donkey Kong Country or Castlevania?

Edited by Magmavision2000

We probably won't see the NES/SNES Castlevania games appear, considering the collection they released last year that they're selling on the Switch.

Most you can likely hope for to appear in this service anytime soon would be Dracula X since it was passed over for inclusion in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection and wouldn't be taking a bite out of Konami's sales of that compilation.

Edited by Atariboy

54 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I think I'd rather have Crystalis than Eliminator Boat Duel, lol

We got both breath of fire 2 and crystalis last update. Japan's been playing catch up with us. I do agree though that Eliminator Boat Duel is a clump in the milk carton.

Edited by Magmavision2000

So the update came out today and... They're okay I guess.

Let's start with the NES app, Shadow of The Ninja is just a Ninja Gaiden and Strider (from the looks of it, I've never played strider) ripoff, it plays okay and music is nice, but the biggest problem is you start with one life and continues, so if you mess up, you go to the beginning of the stage. Eliminator Boat Duel is just okay, it's not good, but it's also not bad. 

The SNES and SFC apps got way better games, both Pop'n Twinbee and Smash Tennis (SNES app only) are really fun to play. The controls are superb for both game and Pop'n Twinbee has some great music. However (and this is just me nitpicking), I wish we could've gotten something besides another tennis game, I feel like Donkey Kong Country would've been a better choice.

The last game Atlantis no Nazo is just meh. That's what this update kind of was, just meh.

• Like 1

i dunno- i remember games like Eliminator Boat Duel when they first came out, and i really didn't like that particular one even then.  for grins, i fired it up this afternoon, played it 30 seconds, then was like 'UUUUUGH, im gonna go play something else!', lol. 

Shadow of the Ninja felt like to me back then (and still now) that it was just another platformer in a sea of about 1000 platformers on the NES at the time.  :)  I much prefer games like Sunsoft's Batman, Vice Project: Doom or Shatterhand instead.

some games age better than others, I think.  I still TOTALLY dig playing River City Ransom on the NES app, though!

• Like 1