IGNORED

SNES wanted, dead or alive

Stone

I got 2 SNES systems here what ya need?

I want the sound module that was in early-model SNESes.

...This is gonna be a right pain to explain, but bear with me...

Look here, this is the inside of a suitable SNES (with a couple of modifications, ignore these). The target is the removable metal chunk top-right, with SHVC-SOUND stamped on it.

The only way to guarantee a given SNES has one inside is to open it, I'm afraid :-( Apparently a fairly good indication you have a suitable SNES is the presence of the sliding plastic 'lock' piece that pops in and out of the cart slot recess when you flick the power switch, but I'm not 100% sure on this. The other bummer is that you need a set of security screwdrivers to open the SNES :sad:

Sorry it's kinda complicated :) I'm trying to save me stupidly large amounts of postage here though (I'm in the UK, and your average SNES seems to be filled with lead, or gravel, or concrete, or something!)

But if you do have one of these SNESes, I'll give $15 for the sound module (just that, nothing else). If your SNES worked before it may or may not work afterwards, but it'll definitely have no sound...maybe you could sell it on eBay as 'untested' or something ;):D

Please let me know if you can help me :)

Stone

Both of these units I have the plastic pease pos in when the power is slid in the off position and when the power switch is in on position it pops out.

No guarantee, sadly :(

I was gonna take it apart but thems some weird screws   :?

Told you :) Hopefully someone in the UK will read this and I'll have my own set (ordered, not arrived) by the time they do...

Cheers for looking, anyway.

Stone

Archived