IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

6 hours ago, Video said:

I couldn't see the system locking carts, due to there's enough people who probably never update, not to mention carts being sold new with old firmware, that are virgins and never been inserted into any console. Now other way around, new games not working on old systems, I see that, its already happened if you don't update.

Most bricked carts seem to be because the system decided it was altered. On my C64 cart Alleykat got messed up so it would only play on the OG.

• Confused 1

Looks like Castlemania finally got stock and was able to ship my VS-R. Of course, I gave in and bought another one from Songbird while I was waiting and have been enjoying it over the last week or so.

Anyone here not order a VS-R who might be interested in one? Let me know. I'd actually be interested in trading the new one I'm receiving for a VS (you know, if any of you has a spare one of those sitting around).

• Like 2

FWIW,

I like that quirky little Piko system called the Neocade,  although I'll probably usually refer to it as the Nevercade.  (I blame @jgkspsx for that one,  the name stuck.) :)

Anyway I was checking it out and sticking it in the green hardshell case I bought for my Taito Super Pocket..

Let's see if I can snap a crummy pic with my crappy phone;  Here we go.

(Yes,  I thought it would be funny to have it turned on while it's in the case because who would do that?  hah)

20240919_231524.thumb.jpg.62f592ed1377daab53d9878e002eaa88.jpg

Anyway,  In real life, it looks Neato...That multicolored LEGEND* logo in the Sword;  It's Not a white blurry mess like in the picture.

*And I suppose I should just say that YES I do like the game LEGEND!  In fact,  now the music is stuck in my head!  It's 1994 all over again!  And yes it is arguably a bad game, like a sluggish Golden Axe wannabe with some cool Magic stuff...But it reminds me of fun times with the SNES.   I perhaps digress,   Hey Lemme Digress some more!  Yeah that's the ticket!  I had the SNES cart of Legend BITD,  and still do (Damn!  Just checked eBay prices for it!  Yikes!  I do Not consider it a $90 game.  More like 8 bucks,...  and hopefully ya don't have to do some "hand stuff" in the parking lot behind the Moose Lodge to get it that cheap),  and it reminds me of simpler times.   Certainly nothing great but every once in a while I plug it in and grind away mindlessly for a few...

Now,  at this point in the far too much text,  (Most of it pointless),  you're likely calling me a dillweed and wondering if this has anything to do with Evercade stuff at all?  Well,  yes...  (Watch me bring it around)

I was thinking of cases for the Evercades.  Now,  I have a couple of soft shell cases,  color matching for the Super Pockets (Get those bad boys at Songbird), some universal cases which kind of fit the handhelds in general, nothing specific for the EXP (more in a sec),  the aforementioned hard shell which also fits the Nevercade;  And I thought,  Funny I've got so many cases when I never take them anywhere...Errrr,  I mean,  I thought,  What about the ATARI woodgrain model?  Anybody looked for a case for it? 

I like the look of the standard RED Atari model too,  for that matter the Technos one is a cool color too but I doubt I buy it for the color when I don't like the games on it...I mean, never say never,  I do like to make poor decisions from time to time...

So I figured I'd look at getting a RED case to use for my ATARI Woodgrain model,  or match the RED ATARI model if I decide to get one because it is kind of Spiffy...Then I thought,  I don't have a case for the ol' EXP either,  prolly wanting BLACK to match...

And AMAZON (bless their well meaning ice cold corporate hearts) shows me This:

image.thumb.png.51d0cd40dfd3851acc694fbcd492f993.png

A 2 pack;  1 for the Atari model,  1 for the EXP.   So I got them ordered!

TL;DR  I got a couple of cases coming from Amazon.   Also I have poor taste in games.

• Haha 1