IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

18 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

*Actually,  for That price,  they better throw in a high quality Breath of FireTM bumper sticker too!

For a meagre $1999? Won’t ever happen, oh thou most ungrateful and demanding entertainment consumer! 

You should thank them for letting you use a Breath of Fire bumper-sticker without charging you  $1999 in license-fee every month!

Edited by Giles N
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Giles N said:

For a meagre $1999? Won’t ever happen, oh thou most ungrateful and demanding entertainment consumer! 

You should thank them for letting you use a Breath of Fire bumper-sticker without charging you  $1999 in license-fee every month!

Touché!

I will say,  being of Higher Quality than Most,  that I don't mind paying more for something that says CAPCOM on the label...but Come'on Fellas!  Even I have my limits! 

$1800 a month in licensing fees,  You throw in a Mega Man T-shirt, a 1942 beach towel, a Resident Evil mousepad, and some custom made Devil May Cry Underoos...and that's my Final Offer!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

$1800 a month in licensing fees,  You throw in a Mega Man T-shirt, a 1942 beach towel, a Resident Evil mousepad, and some custom made Devil May Cry Underoos...and that's my Final Offer!

Well, I can go with that…

I mean really, after I began wearing my officially licensed Marvel vs Capcom Underoos daily, wouldn’t you know: not only do the ladies turn their heads, - everyone are turning their heads after me… I get attention everywhere from everone….totally worth the $1999 monthly license-fee!! 

BTW: ‘Final Offer’ sounds like the title of a new Capcom smash-hit franchise!

I can’t wait ‘til I see ‘Final Offer XIII’ some time around 2037…!!

Edited by Giles N
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Well, I can go with that…

I mean really, after I began wearing my officially licensed Marvel vs Capcom Underoos daily, wouidn’t you know: not only do the ladies turn their heads, - everyone are turning their heads after me… I get attention everywhere from everone….totally worth the $1999 monthly license-fee!! 

That may be because you go around in underoos daily.

I'd take a good look too (and a picture) as I call the cops to report a weirdo in undies 🤣

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Haha 3

So after wondering a bit more, I actually bothered to go check--and sure enough, recent patcher software supports the super pockets and contains a built-in backup feature that produces a ~1.5gb .rootfs file. That probably contains what I'm after, but further investigation feels out of scope for this weekend.

I wonder if in the future, the built-ins can even be wiped off for usable 'cart shenanigan' space. There could be a lot of room there. Until then I guess the main function is making super pockets less picky about carts. That's not really the direction I tend toward because evercade experiences feel like they need to be 'curated for performance.' 

iYDOSBh.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

That may be because you go around in underoos daily.

I'd take a good look too (and a picture) as I call the cops

…on occasions, people have taken pictures of me, and rightly the local cops have showed up on my door…

… told me to fill out 78 pages of taxation-papers concerning my use wearing advertisement-wear in public areas (which is held to be 67% of the license fee for every step in public room, but only 57% on my private property), then handed me a red cape and told me to begin ridding my neighbourhood of crime as civil-service duty… or they would return with more tax-rule papers… 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Giles N said:

…on occasions, people have taken pictures of me, and rightly the local cops have showed up on my door…

… told me to fill out 78 pages of taxation-papers concerning my use wearing advertisement-wear in public areas (which is held to be 67% of the license fee for every step in public room, but only 57% on my private property), then handed me a red cape and told me to begin ridding my neighbourhood of crime as civil-service duty… or they would return with more tax-rule papers… 

Well, you could do what Superman does and wear the undies outside/on-top-of the tights … but it’ll look weirder.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

undies outside/on-top-of the tights …

… it should go without saying the above, of course is the rule, also prior to becoming a living walking Capcom/Marvel Ad.

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

That may be because you go around in underoos

daily.

… you suggesting like having days were I just go completely ‘vigilante’ …? That will tone-it down a bit in your view…? 

Spoiler

🤡👀

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my Taito Super Pocket today, brand new from Amazon ... with cut seals and a torn box. Are they taking cues from GameStop, now?

Anyway, I finally have something to play my carts on while I wait for my VS-R.

• Like 3

- Is the version of New Zealand Story different on the HyperMegaTech than the usual Arcade version… or am I missing something here? I fon’t recognize or find level 1; is it reshuffled, deleted… what happened?

Another topic:

- Wikipedia says:

«A redesigned version, the Evercade EXP-R, will release in July 2024 at a lower retail price,

while the original EXP will be discontinued.

The redesign excludes

the mini-HDMI port and the 18 built-in games.»

Will the Capcom now and forever be replaced in an exclusive way by the H.M.T.-handheld?

That would be sort of a pity, as the screen is just too small for games that requires the TATE-mode for ‘best/most comfortable’ way of playing.

Even if separate Capcom carts would have to be completely reshuffled and - for lack of better expressions, ‘nerfed’, as to content - I feel it could’ve been something that would’ve interested many Evercade collectors: being able to play 1942, ‘43 etc, Commando and Mercs etc either TATE or on VS-consoles.

I’m not sure larger numbers of Evercade collectors wouldn’t have any interest in buying 4-6 game-carts with Capcom games (as mentioned above, some mix of Arcade ‘headliners’ and some console-titles.

Of, course I may be wrong…

— — —

As it is now, I’m fairly happy with the line-up of new products; they seem to want to circle-in many classics from a broad range of systems.

What I still don’t see is something having a controller-setup with some analogue-input joypad/thumbstick, which - if pulled off like a tiny PS2-type of thing or just a 3DS ‘thumbpad’, would allow for improved gameplay experience on FPS-games or potential future releases of driving games using wheel, mouse-based games from the PC and home-computer world etc.

If something like this exist, it flew right over my head.

Edited by Giles N

10 hours ago, Reaperman said:

So after wondering a bit more, I actually bothered to go check--and sure enough, recent patcher software supports the super pockets and contains a built-in backup feature that produces a ~1.5gb .rootfs file. That probably contains what I'm after, but further investigation feels out of scope for this weekend.

Not that I'd know anything about this, but my guess would be the content you seek in that file is encrypted. 

21 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Personally I wish they'd throw in a couple more games before production.  Certainly a couple of Non-fighters would be Great on the SFII machine,  just to mix it up...And even if I'm not too into fighters at all these days,  putting a couple of extra ones on the Mega Man cab would be cool,  even if it's just to use some more buttons. 

The Mega Man games are kind of fighters, and Puzzle Fighter isn't a fighting game. These are for sure more sparse than I would personally like, and I would have liked to have seen more of a blending of game lists, but there is a decent mix. Street Fighter Alpha fans are super excited about this unit.

On 6/21/2024 at 7:54 PM, Reaperman said:

So the street fighter cab, has all the main street fighters except the very best one--which is on the one on the hyper mega tech.

It's on the EXP... and it is my least favorite Street Fighter game. The Alpha games are much more my speed, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo is my second favorite.

9 hours ago, Giles N said:

Will the Capcom now and forever be replaced in an exclusive way by the H.M.T.-handheld?

Not 'forever'. As the original EXP was a limited release, precisely because of licensing deals, both Super Pockets won't be available forever either. It's not a 'replacement'. The Super Pocket was released after the EXP, so it's natural it will be available longer, that's all. But as the Alpha proved, it's still possible another system will bring back Capcom games, you never know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, madman said:

Not that I'd know anything about this, but my guess would be the content you seek in that file is encrypted. 

Maybe. If so, it's because they wouldn't worry about breaking compatibility with older evercades. They sure don't bother on the carts, so I don't really expect to see it. The most I've seen is them giving roms silly file extensions that need renamed, like the .cue extension on glover.

Weirdly, it seems like their protections mostly go the 'other' way--keeping people from running other games on an evercade.

Edited by Reaperman