IGNORED

Famicom (nes) is 20 years old on 15th july

20 years old technology and they still sell new Famicoms in Mexico for $35, this workhorse is still running strong in Latinamerica.

Ahh Latin america, the place where the VW bettle is still king. Damn I miss those slugbugs :(

FWIW This will be the last year of production for the classic version of the VW Beetle (Bug,Vocho, Old Beetle). Probably if sales peak high they might consider to extend its production until next year.

Mexico is the last country in the world that still build the classic Beetle and they plan to produce a "Luxury" edition for this last season. 10 years ago they planed to retire it but Mexicans kept buying them in high numbers so they delayed the decision until now, apparently now they want to build more Jettas, also they have the VW pointer running strong now. Modern subcompact vehicles like the Hyundai Atoz, GM Chevy and VW Pointer contributed to take away many customers from the classic Bug.

You can still get one for like $7k aprox, but as far as I'm concerned you can't import it to the U.S. without making some expensive safety modifications to make it street legal. Just a cultural Tidbitfor y'all. :)

You can still get one for like $7k aprox, but as far as I'm concerned you can't import it to the U.S. without making some expensive safety modifications to make it street legal. Just a cultural Tidbitfor y'all. :)

I think another big problem is bringing it up to US pollution requirements for a mdoern car.

It's funny because when I play the NES, I feel as if it was made just yesterday.

It's just a totally different experience than anyting Atari put out.

No offense to Atari. Atari is still my number 1 love.

It's just that the NES is a totally different animal.

20 years old technology and they still sell new Famicoms in Mexico for $35, this workhorse is still running strong in Latinamerica.

Ahh Latin america, the place where the VW bettle is still king. Damn I miss those slugbugs :(

You tell me. I want a newer VW Bug but it's the cost of importation from Latin America and then making the car able to pass U.S standards that just makes it all unworthy in the end. I'm a HUGE VW fan of most makes.

It's just that the NES is a totally different animal.

Totally. The NES in terms of technical hardware wasn't really anything amazing per-say. But the games Nintendo put out with it were completely unlike anything that had been done and revolutionized home game playing in the North American market.

What shocked me about Atari with the 7800 was that they didn't react more quickly when they saw SUPER MARIO BROTHERS for the first time. Atari shoved out the "better versions of older Atari games" and took three years to realize that the public wanted platformers.

Archived