IGNORED

Compatibility

Thomas Jentzsch

4 hours ago, Mr SQL said:

Text file compatibility - 

I was using the text file viewer utility to view BASIC program listings, and it appears to truncate the file early when the program encounters certain characters -

is it possible to have it ignore those characters or use a placeholder character like an asterisk?

Here are two short text file examples with BASIC programs containing some embedded Assembly, one displays many pages of text and the other truncates.

KCTitleScreen.txt 8.75 kB · 1 download READ_AUDF1.txt 5.47 kB · 1 download

bug is fixed, please update to v0.14.13

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

bug is fixed, please update to v0.14.13

Thank you! :) The update from the menu is really fast - that is a fantastic feature!

I was able to open the BASIC text manual from the other thread and it had no problem rendering 86 pages, the text and the BASIC examples are really clear on the Atari screen.

Terminal program idea - 

Since the PlusCart has an online API for Atari 2600 programs (I've been reading :) ) I wonder if it would be possible to create a terminal program for BBS's that are online and connect to them using the 32 character display? That would be really interesting to see, maybe the user could either use the keypads or cycle through characters with the joystick to type.

41 minutes ago, Mr SQL said:

Terminal program idea - 

Since the PlusCart has an online API for Atari 2600 programs (I've been reading :) ) I wonder if it would be possible to create a terminal program for BBS's that are online and connect to them using the 32 character display? That would be really interesting to see, maybe the user could either use the keypads or cycle through characters with the joystick to type.

A BBS reader using the 32 character display could be done as well as a Browser, but these features would be PlusStore features and are fake directory listings for the PlusCart:

The menu pages of the PlusCart are "compiled" by the ARM while you see the wait-screen logo (+). Every page is a static 32Kb 6502 binary image.

A BBS reader or a browser could also be done with the PlusROM functions, and thus could be used on other network capable hardware and emulators too.

But PlusROM functions are basically a non blocking 256 bytes ring-buffer to a defined internet backend and the rest (like the character display) is limited to 6502 assembler.

If we manage to port DPC+ and CDFJ to the PlusCart (and UnoCart) the programmers could call all functions of the firmware. That is why I consider DPC+, CDFJ and ACE as dangerous, they can do everything with the hardware. This also applies to the Harmony cart, but the Harmony firmware is not open source and the Harmony Cart is not online.

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1