IGNORED

ST role-playing games

Here is a Phantasie I walkthrough:

http://yourcheats.tripod.com/cheats/p/phantasie.htm

Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/)

also has some fairly detailed guides for each.

Lost of spoilers though. I don't know of any general

strategy guide with just hints and tips but not a walkthrough.

--The Eidolon

(I played through all 3 Phantasie games on the ST at one point,

but I have long ago forgotten most of the details. I know I never

saw most of the best weapons and armors even after finishing

the entire game--I wonder if they were included...)

There is another one you all seem to have missed that seemed pretty big and deep, very involved game

BAT 1

BAT 2 : Koshan Conspiracy

BloodWych 1 & 2

and also another game whoes name I cannot remember ARGH! I have even trawled through all games on LGD and still it doesn't jump out at me.. All I can remember was you had to employ a team which you controlled, the titlescreen featured a circular emblem with a sort of shamrock cutout in the center.. This span round.

Game was set in the future.. it was increadibly deep (you could walk round towns etc and enter shops).

DAMN my feeble mind!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget about Battletech: The Cresent Hawk's Inception by Infocom. One of the few graphic RPG's by Infocom. B:TCHI is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Check it out, very good.

*Here's hoping that Microsoft/Fasa's next Battletech/MechWarrior game is an RPG*

Wow, I can't believe everyone (including myself) forgot about the original Towers, released as shareware late in the ST's life. I remember being quite impressed with it back then, even though it didn't quite stand up to Dungeon Master.

Don't forget about Battletech: The Cresent Hawk's Inception by Infocom.  One of the few graphic RPG's by Infocom.  B:TCHI is one of my favorite RPG's of all time.  Check it out, very good.

*Here's hoping that Microsoft/Fasa's next Battletech/MechWarrior game is an RPG*

That IS a great game. I remember playing the heck out of that one.

Here are some Atari ST RPG's that nobody mentioned:

Rings of Zilfin

Cadaver

War in the Middle Earth

Nevermind

Golden Path

Death Bringer

Deathbringer - I think this was called "Galdregon´s Domain" as original European version.

There was another game called "Deathbringer" ,made in the UK - it was a game similar to "Barbarian 2" , guy with sword had to kill monsters.

Thimo

I've been playing Legends of Valour a lot lately (on the Amiga; I could never get the downloaded ST copies to work right and I couldn't find and original copy anywhere for a reasonable price for the ST, I finally found an Amiga version on E-bay, which I got all the way from England!)and I REALLY like this game! I'm wondering which of these RPG's mentioned are like LOV? I know the ISHAR are 3D-ish like it, which I prefer (3D) but I also like the whole city/dungeon thing (like AR on the 8-bit) that it has going on with hostels to stay at, guilds to join, shops to shop at, and the all around "epic" feel. I like Dungeon Master and those types all right, but they just didn't do it for me like Alternate Reality and Legends of Valour has, because they aren't as all inclusive. I need "living worlds", not just another dungeon to explore by itself. Is the Ishar series similiar? (another game that the hacked versions online refuse to work for me, at least on the real machine) So, can you guys tell me which out of all thes RPG's mentioned are the most like these types?

I used to be right into RPGs on the ST. From what I recall:

Dungeon Master and Chaos strikes back - Yes, both

Bloodwych and Data Disk - Yes, both

Captive - Yes - Tony Crowther is genius.

Knightmare - Yes - see Captive.

Legend and Worlds of Legend - Dunno 'bout this one.

Wizard´s Crown - Not sure, I recall the 8-bit version though.

Phantasie 1-3 - Phantasie III certainly was, dunno 'bout 1-2.

Questron II - Dunno, I think 8-bit only.

Curse of the Azure Bonds - Yes

the 3 action-rpgs by SSI : Hillsfar,Dragon´s of Flame,Heroes o.t. Lance - Yes

Bard´s Tale 1 - Yes, I, II and III

Ultima 2-6 - Dunno 'bout 2, but III-V were AFAIK.

Legend of Faerghail - Yes, fantastic game.

Fate - Gates of Dawn - Yes, if anyone has an image I want it! I had this ONCE on the ST and the disks died, and hadn't been able to find it again.

Spirit of Adventure - Dunno.

Ishar 1-3 (and maybe Crystals of Arborea) - Yes and Yes.

Alternate Reality - The City - Yes, ST version sucked. 8-Bit version still rules supreme of all games. Ever.

Starflight - Dunno.

Hard Nova - Yes

Drakkhen - Yes, another great title.

Dragonflight - Yes

Others that I can think of that were cool:

Walls of Illusion

Bloodwych

Day of the Viper (Kinda action/adventure/RPG, my only gripe was that it was 100% mouse-driven)

Xenomorph (Awesome sci-fi RPG with top notch graphics -- I still have an original boxed copy)

Amberstar & Ambermoon

• 1 month later...

I'm suprised NOBODY has mentioned AMBERSTAR! I stumbled upon it while checking out links to ST racers from that thread! It's done by Thalion, the same team that did DRAGONFLIGHT, and it appears to be just the type of all-encompassing, indepth RPG I've asked about, like Legends of Valour and Ishar! Check it out!

http://www.cus.org.uk/~alexh/games/amberst.../amberstar.html

Archived