• Aquatron
    • Super PacMan
    • Yoomp!
    • Montezuma Again!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2020 at 04:00 PM

Round 4 Poll

After a very competitive R3 poll It was a tough call to give Gyruss and Bristles the boot (they will return soon!). I've added in more goodies to make it interesting and a chance for those who want a bonus game on a couple of the options.

Round 4 Bosconian is still open for the rest of the week. Post late scores for any rounds you have missed and join in on the current round. Add your favourites to the Season 17 Welcome and Games Suggestions thread.

Multi-pick polls this season so vote for as many or as few as you wish: check all the ones you like before clicking the vote button! The winning game will be played and the runner up(s) are re-polled next time. Poll ends Sunday 15th March

Atarimania has info on the games, I've posted links to Fandal's site below but Atarionline.pl usually has several versions of each game or try the excellent Homesoft site.

Please join in and post or message me if you need any help

trbb

Flip and Flop + Bonus: Flop and Flip

Fall-offmageddon!

Download XEX

flip_and_flop.png.ffd5bfd20c6c8275b8e527573ebcd0b2.pngflop_and_flip.png.5b61e8f654d157beff47ca7cf933f6f4.png

Beach Head + Bonus: Beach Landing

Not played Beach Landing for ages but it's an arcade style game, not a war game, you'll have to trust me! It's one of the few remaining on my "must get into the HSC one day" list.

beach-head.png.e0829491c954f29a6f5aeb222cd83d1f.pngbeach_landing.png.25d5e0d8eceb4364283fc5a76401121d.png

Boulderdash II

Joint runner up in R4 poll. 25th aniversary ver shown (same gameplay)

Download XEX

boulderdash_ii_25th_anniversary.png.99787c6901f8e433d5ced98c8410de4a.png

Aquatron

An excellent drop zone style shooter

aquatron.png.1e79458da5d86baab4cfa6f3ab5d0763.png 

Super PacMan
Joint 2nd runner up from R3 and R4 polls. Like Block on Legs he can change size when he eats a pill, wish I'd thought of that :o

Download XEX (PAL fixed)

image.png.8612d5fc3295d4d2eeef3289eb638436.png
Yoomp!

Joint 2nd runner up from R3 and R4 polls and runner up from R2 Poll! One of the best games from modern times. Bounce down the 3d tunnels and don't fall off!

Download XEX

image.png.b1155be669317fe6813fc4b8c331fd80.png

Montezuma Again!

Hack by Jose Tomas Parga 2018. Not sure if this is based on the Parker Bros Ver but might be worth a play here.

Download XEX

montezuma_again!.png.45f5f07c4a894099e954a764a7ed29fa.png 

I was looking at the all time HSC games list + records. And my eye fell on Millipede. My personal record is higher than the all time record in the HSC. This did surprise me a bit, since I am not a person that is extremely good in a8 games and although I score pretty nicely in the HSC, I will not get at the #1 very soon.

So 2 questions:

Can I contribute in some way my Millipede Score (when I manage that score)? Or do we need to play it in HSC

and second: Any chance we can play millipede again? It is a great game!

44 minutes ago, Sikor said:

Remember, that Yoomp is short game (15 levels if I remember), so, I propose JUMP! as bonus game:

I only managed to reach level 11 so far, but then again it has been proven I'm fairly mediocre when it comes to playing games. Jump! might be a good suggestion for a bonus game. I "fell in love" with Let's Hop which is kind of similar, perhaps not as playable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marius said:

I was looking at the all time HSC games list + records. And my eye fell on Millipede. My personal record is higher than the all time record in the HSC. This did surprise me a bit, since I am not a person that is extremely good in a8 games and although I score pretty nicely in the HSC, I will not get at the #1 very soon.

So 2 questions:

Can I contribute in some way my Millipede Score (when I manage that score)? Or do we need to play it in HSC

and second: Any chance we can play millipede again? It is a great game!

The records come from game play during the HSC. 

I think it's likely we'll play it again as you're not the only one that likes it!

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure it was in the R1 poll, but Millipede and others that have missed out will be re-polled at some point. It's a great game: there are two versions out there, one is easier, the one with the title screen animations is the proper version - plus fandal has fixed the PAL issues based on the proper version  so the attacking/falling bugs work properly!

I look forward to playing Millipede here soon ;)

• Thanks 1