IGNORED

Ebay prices bit of a joke

TGB1718

Today I've just been looking for any Atari bargains on Ebay, but some of the prices just make me laugh,

someone selling 7 Cassette games for £80, probably not worth a £5.

and Ultima III disk set for £149 !!!

5 Cartridge games (no boxes mentioned or shown, some look water/damp stained) £100

and the real bargain an untested 800XL current bid £19.98p , unfortunately I don't have room for oneor I would be bidding on this.

28 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

I thought these were 'optimistic'

Insanely optimistic!

I really don't get it. Let's face it, whenever I sell something, I prefer to make as much for it as I can. I mean, it just seems crazy to me to not try and make everything I can off of something. That being said, I don't price gouge or ask insanely unrealistic prices. I always do a search for what I'm planning to sell, and look at what others are asking for the same thing, then also look at completed sales to see what they're actually going for and price accordingly. I really don't understand the people that ask these insane prices for things and they're based on absolutely nothing.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Sealed and never opened he says!

Yet, in the picture, you can plainly see that it isn't sealed in any way, shape or form. Also, you can see the little bend marks and creases that come from use on a manual made from this type of material. Talk about full of crap!

When I see auctions like this, it just makes me want to contact them so badly and comment on how insane their price is. I usually don't however. I just do my best to ignore them because I know they'll never get anywhere near what they're asking and any true Atari fan will know how insane those prices are and couldn't be stupid enough to purchase something like that for such a price.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Qix Raiders said:

Yeah, shipping is really out of hand. I have seen some auctions for small things with $50-70 in shipping fees.

And when did ePay start charging tax???

Well, the tax thing has been in effect for years now as states tried to recoup lost sales taxes due to the huge increase in online vs traditional store purchases.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

Does it still count as CIB if the top flap portion of the box has been completely cut away?

I mean, can it be CIB if the box itself isn't complete?

Come to think of it, complete IN box doesn't say the box is complete! Welcome to the world of pro league ebayers.  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

How the F can you sell for those prices as "untested"...

Obvious you CAN but surely those details must be a huge warning sign......

I guess there's a village idiot out there just waiting to be snared...

It only takes one rich idiot 

46 minutes ago, mimo said:

It only takes one rich idiot 

and when that Idiot buys it and it doesn't work, it probably goes in the trash, another gem lost forever

where as a real enthusiast would have lovingly repaired/restored it, people like us ?

• Like 4

Yep sadly the prices have been creeping up over the years to insane prices.  And people are perpetuating it and continuing it.  Rich idiots will buy a few at these insane prices and people will do price checks and list it at a high price too, and the vicious cycle contines.  What I find funny are the filthy, dirty and untested ones still being sold for insane prices!  #idiocracy

• Like 1

lmfao, a whole slew of them, looks like the same folks who turned jag stuff upside down have indeed firmly moved on to the 8 bit... 2.00 cassettes game for 500.000 or 50.00 even, probably the same people or a pal, what deal!

Ah the stupidity of it all.

I mean who doesn't have a case of blue lightning CD's yet look at the  listings for them today... lord help us...

Edited by _The Doctor__