IGNORED

Animal Crossing.... Wuh?

Shannon

Wise from your gwave.... (necrobump)

Animal Crossing 2.0 patch is live today.  :)  Some of the features still won't go in till tomorrow, it looks like, but there's some new stuff for today.  Unofficial patch notes below:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/animal-crossing-2-0-patch-notes-update-8007

What are you guys excited for with the content update/dlc?

I bought Animal Crossing recently for the cooking along with what sounds like “the rest of the game”. In New Leaf I have my “main room” being set up like a restaurant so this might make that fantasy a reality-in-fantasy.

I just started the game so there’s no “prep” as some sites posted about doing on your island. I’m hoping animal interactions are better than what I’ve read. I’m early in crafting so it hasn’t gotten infuriating yet (or it may not for me- better than “My Life in Portia”).  

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

What are you guys excited for with the content update/dlc?

The fact that I will be able to access my inventory without going into my house.    I know that seems small and boring given all the things they announced,  but it's the little things  ?

• Like 1

You know largely I think the AC 2.0 upgrade is fantastic and insulting at the same time.

Insulting?  Yes.  Because what they added was there from the beginning in previous handheld and console releases.  Brewser, Kap'n and his ride & song, the invites, finally the gyroids, and a few other minor bits all previous games had from when they added the features first.  Why this was left out for so long is just aggravating.  But at the same time, all the adds with that but the NEW new stuff that is fantastic.

It kind of sucks though if you think about it, you buy this physical complete game to ultimately find out is was very very beta in a way, very incomplete product that now only exists as an online element, so if you're some adult or kid who wants to roll back to this 20 years on, yeah, stuffs going to be missing, a lot.

I'm beginning to think that in terms of projects Nintendo thinks too small.  They had the same issue with Mario Kart 8.  Which under delivered for the Wii-U especially with battle mode.

They did make up for it with deluxe.  Maybe Animal Crossing got too big and popular for it's own britches.

Over the years it was always a relatively small game file size wise.  But yet pretty complex and full of content.  I'm thinking  maybe the team was too small or they budgeted to small for it.

Basically I'm saying that I dont think Nintendo is used to handling large scale projects.  I've seen it happen with other 1st party titles.

Edited by Shannon

That's possible, horribly short sighted given the ease of access the Switch has, but possible.

I've played all the iterations, and really, I felt up until this one (asinine easily breakables aside) was the best release beyond the original.  That first one had such a powerful balance of goods, services, and AI personality (this piece still unmatched) that compelled you to come back again and again.  Had the Switch game got patched to stop breaking stuff, it would be my favorite and I'd still bother, but it wore me down.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's possible, horribly short sighted given the ease of access the Switch has, but possible.

I've played all the iterations, and really, I felt up until this one (asinine easily breakables aside) was the best release beyond the original.  That first one had such a powerful balance of goods, services, and AI personality (this piece still unmatched) that compelled you to come back again and again.  Had the Switch game got patched to stop breaking stuff, it would be my favorite and I'd still bother, but it wore me down.

I do miss the villagers more in depth personalities.