IGNORED

Configuring BlueMSX for ColecoVision

jblenkle

OK, I am having some difficulty with a device I just obtained (it was given to me). I know nothing about Rasberry Pi's or the RetroArch scene. This device is running RetrOrangePi and while everything is working in general terms, there is one problem.

When I try to play a ColecoVision game, it boots to MSX. I know BlueMSX needs to be configured to run ColecoVision, but I have no idea how to configure it within this framework.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Please treat me like I'm stupid because when it comes to this thing...I am.

Probably a command line switch.  Here's the documentation for bluemsx command line switches.

http://www.msxblue.com/manual/commandlineargs_c.htm

Somewhere there's a script with the command that launches bluemsx with the cartridge rom image.  That's likely where you add the machine selection switch.

Edited by mr_me

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Probably a command line switch.  Here's the documentation for bluemsx command line switches.

Somewhere there's a script with the command that launches bluemsx with the cartridge rom image.  That's likely where you add the machine selection switch.

Well, yes..that's a clue... it's probably this switch - /machine <"name">  where "name" is "COL - Colecovision" but I have no idea where to put it. I've gone through the .cfg files and don't see any existing lines that specify a machine.

19 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I suspect it goes in here someplace, but I don't know where or how to put it in there:

coleco = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -v -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/coleco/coleco.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
default = "lr-bluemsx"
lr-bluemsx = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-bluemsx/bluemsx_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
lr-mess2016 = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mess2016/mess2016_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"
advmess = "/opt/retropie/emulators/advmame/bin/advmess coleco -cart %ROM%"