IGNORED

Kung Fu Master - POKEY replacement?

Synthpopalooza

9 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

One thing that mitigates this somewhat, is I cross develop these in Altirra, so I can at least play them on my Atari 1200XL thanks to an SIO2SD drive.  If this could be made to work on the XM ... maybe.

That would require adding the SIO connector to the XM on the footprint and then someone writing something to control it as you mention. I don't see that happening anytime soon and even if it does, there will be very few with the ability to do any of that on their own. Shame you have that XM and can't do a single damn thing with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

That would require adding the SIO connector to the XM on the footprint and then someone writing something to control it as you mention. I don't see that happening anytime soon and even if it does, there will be very few with the ability to do any of that on their own. Shame you have that XM and can't do a single damn thing with it.

Well I can't yet.  Hopefully I can score a devcart or something ... plus the OS in the XM needs some tweaking for me still

On 7/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, Shawn said:

Do you have the means to burn eproms or flash a dev cart for use with your XM yet or are you still getting others to test on real hardware after you write these? Would be a real shame if you don't have the means to do so on your own.

I really need to send him a MCP kit, even if it is the old one. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On a separate but related note, has anyone hacked the 7800 (or 2600) game so the goons' movement is actually relative to the screen scrolling? By default it looks like when the player is walking, bad guys are hauling ass to run up from behind, and/or doing back-steps to slow their approach from the other direction.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...