IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

41 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Can 2 PAB buffers share the same Address when there is only one using the buffer?

You can do pretty much whatever you want. It is a matter of order of events. Obviously, you cannot use the same buffer to read from 2 files before you do anything with what is in the buffer because the second file read would overwrite the first, But, if you use the buffer to read data from file #1 and store it from there to somewhere else (presumably RAM), you can then use that buffer to do the same thing for file #2—of course, storing file #2’s data to a different RAM location.

...lee

• Thanks 1

Ok.. because I'm using, or was using my TIpi clock buffer address>1000 and the clock doesn't run when file processing takes place anyway, so I thought I might be safe using that buffer for both, the file process and tipi clock. This way, I don't have to create another buffer.

Just now, GDMike said:

18 bytes for the PAB and then I have a

CPUBUF BSS >20

And a BUFADR needs 20 bytes

Well, do whatever floats your boat, but putting the clock PAB followed by its VRAM buffer (does it use one?) somewhere out of the way is easily done. In Text mode (what you are using),there is VRAM space at >0460 – >07FF (928 bytes) that is just sitting there free for the taking.

...lee

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

Well, do whatever floats your boat, but putting the clock PAB followed by its VRAM buffer (does it use one?) somewhere out of the way is easily done. In Text mode (what you are using),there is VRAM space at >0460 – >07FF (928 bytes) that is just sitting there free for the taking.

...lee

i actually tried putting it at >0400 and the clock froze..Now, I havent figured out what caused it, I just restored the old source file and left it, BUT I could just for kicks try again...

1 minute ago, GDMike said:

i actually tried putting it at >0400 and the clock froze..Now, I havent figured out what caused it, I just restored the old source file and left it, BUT I could just for kicks try again...

The Value Stack is in that area. I do not know that you are using any functions that need it, though. I think all GPL floating point operations use it, but I do not what else may.

...lee

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDMike said:

ok Lee, it works at >0400. like I said, I did'nt troubleshoot the earlier issue because things were, working....BUT I just did change it and its fine.

And the File SAVED as a test came out just fine

This way, If I have another PAB I can use use the next avail spot

Oh, BTW, I was able to Insert a Time\Date stamp into the SNP page and SAVE the File..  all good. so far

Edited by GDMike

I had to stop, disabled wifi with RFKILL on the raspberry pi because I saw my network for the laptop reaching the tipi was slow.... especially during assembling, so I then found I had a cable problem that I needed to fix first.geees...

Well, I've got a wifi extender but it doesn't do a good job at night..well, it's usually at night when I have connectivity issues...

But all fixed and I'll just stay on the LAN.

My phone seems to do ok on the wifi.

IMG_20210128_200814198.jpg

IMG_20210128_201219440.jpg

Edited by GDMike

2 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

In Text mode (what you are using),there is VRAM space at >0460 – >07FF (928 bytes) that is just sitting there free for the taking.

...lee

Well I'll be jiggered.

Thanks Lee that's a nice chunk of memory that I had never looked at.

• Like 2

Well, when it rains it pours. Now this time after compiling, and everything was running just fine and dandy, the clock was working and I was saving files.

Then, of course I went to show it off to someone and powered everything back on.

This time, the clock froze..

Over and over, I recompiled, looking at code, changing PAB addresses.etc...

Then it worked again with an old copy of the folder recompiled. Then I shut everything down and up again, and no worky again.

I swapped out the computer and wholla, works every time..

It seems that the power supply switch is loose on this other computer as, now the switch won't stay in the on position. I think I remember something about these switches being easy to wear out..

But compared to this other computer, this power switch now is very firm compared to that other one big difference and the program runs without any issues now.

Here's a map I found btw.

IMG_20210128_224547768.jpg

IMG_20210128_224435266.jpg

I'm still having issues this morning. Booting everything up, I run SNP and I hang each time when I tried loading the clock. Btw, the clock runs fine in basic.

I shut everything down last night and brought everything up and ran SNP and the clock was fine. So I reseated everything this morning after my first lockup, and removed cards, connections, and still getting locked only while accessing the clock.

Still troubleshooting..

Nope, it happened again. I recall this all started happening after I changed the fan on my pi a week or so ago, I was using an external power supply from the Peb to power the fan for my pi, but I switched to a self powered fan, then a couple days after that my display on my monitor for the pi started going bazerk, flickering, so I googled that and it says it's insufficient power to the pi, so I swap power supplies for the pi, things cool down for a bit a couple days went by, three days maybe, and then I couldn't get the tipi to function, I couldn't see the tipi on my t i console, so I thought it was a connection to the side of the console so I had reseated all the cards, reconnecting that side port connector rebooted and the pi was visible again to the tipi, and all was good, and tell recently so what I did now is I ran external power back to the raspberry pi fan and pulled it off of the internal pinouts of the pi. So far things are back to normal.

This raspberry pi is only 6 mo. Old,(Happy birthday pi)..so wow..

Edited by GDMike
  • Sad 1

Narrowed down the problem to a file. So I may have had two issues going on at once.

I pulled an old file and replaced one of a newer dated one, and I haven't seen any issues. So I'm looking into that particular file too..weird stuff.. but I think I'm on top of it.

Fortunately, my latest files covering PABs and filing aren't suspect any longer and I can keep those new files.

Edited by GDMike