IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

Here I have completed the FORM finished section, and the program asks if were finished.

When we answer yes, a coded raw form is saved at the current SNP page while the actual form is saved at the next SNP page. This way we can always edit the original form when we need to.

Notice how pages are finalized by seeing the page numbers in the last two screenshots.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

IMG_20220518_221331123.jpg

IMG_20220518_221339629.jpg

IMG_20220518_221353692_MP.jpg

IMG_20220518_221401601.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Made a change today regarding the "CALL COLOR" messaging. This is a command by pressing F5 that allows changing of the screen/character colors.

I've moved the text in question,

"is this a global change Y/N?"

from the middle of the screen to the command line at the bottom of the screen as it seems more natural.

And of course while moving files around I accidentally deleted the whole folder. Loving my tape backup about now.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

Get ahold of me if you're interested in buying this.

I might not be able to do this at this time..

But we'll look for an alternative..

Old information below..

If someone wants or has an idea about this, there's a lady 4 hours away from me, she's in Louisiana, like wayyyy South almost out of country, and she's inherited a system. It's a black and silver 4A, PEB, TI disk controller, TI 32K TI rs232 and a speech synthesizer and  Editor Assembler cart Left in the console, box of cables.

I just need gas money and shipping cost. Not sure her final price for everything.

I'll upload photos.  I'm waiting for her response.

Ok, update. She wants$250

Soo..ill need $250 plus shipping from Arkansas and hopefully gas money for the travel. 4 hours away, so I guess that's a full tank for my truck. $70 or so, I'll keep the receipt and mileage. Im driving a F150 Ecoboost 150, so it might be ok in fuel.

received_303659961963813.jpeg

received_1260741944461209.jpeg

received_1132060530949174.jpeg

received_1353879645095683.jpeg

Screenshot_20220521-105220-805.png

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Loading a file that was saved after making my database form.

Notice the"RAW" coded form and the assembled form.

Can't wait for the next step.

So far, there's 4 bytes assigned to each field for a total of 17 fields allowed per form.

I'll add to this at some time adding in a memo Field, but for now this is it.

I've got somewhere around 68 bytes that have to be saved along with the database as those are the pointers. I can't place them with the form, but I can burn a "last page" in upper bank that can hold this, like the very last page since I already know what that is. And then I could just read from that at will when user is wanting to make an add on to the database, as in new record. But paging up/down or searching for a form is how the form  becomes"old" and it's saved (not to disk, but internally in Bank so and so).

In other words, creating the database is the first step. Running it is another.

2 forms are created initially, then the field pointers saved to high bank so that everything is saved to disk at save time.

Once the user comes across the DB FORM, I can grab the pointers and set up the screen for  input only, cursor jumps from field to field depending on byte 1, location byte, and beeping or not depending on the byte at byte 2, beep control, and so on.

Each record is saved with a page up, (next page F4 key press). A new blank form is presented, but parameters are the same as the previous page but no data is present.

Each page up/down F4/F6 automatically saves any changes made to the data, but field information cannot be changed here, only the data.

But using CALL GOTO to the page preceding the 1st database entry allows changing the structure. But note, using CALL GOTO to try and put yourself in the middle of the database "pages" will only result in error. You will have to"run" the database through the normal run procedure...(to be made).

I've used about 3K using this method, but initially when I started I had already gobbled 6K and this is all in the editor assembler 8K SRAM and didn't even have a save ready for the form. 

What's different, instead of creating another editor, like I was trying, I decided to find a way to use the SNP editor that already existed, I know, duh right. This is how I roll, figuring out my mistakes. 

This next weekend ought to be very interesting. I sure hope.

IMG_20220523_034132940.jpg

IMG_20220523_034138971.jpg

IMG_20220523_034145339_MP.jpg

IMG_20220523_034148761_MP.jpg

IMG_20220523_040601410_HDR.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Just as a funny side note, the word order in German subordinate clauses is actually Yoda's ("weil (because) die Macht stärker in diesem einen ist").

A noble Indo-European tradition indeed.  :)

Dutch: De kracht sterker in deze is.

Latin: Vis fortior in hac una sit.

Hindi: इसमें बल मजबूत है। (isamen bal majaboot hai)

Anglo-Saxonisch was "Frenchified" after the invasion. :) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GDMike said:

Dang. Should I make help respond with the F1 key instead of F9? I think so according to another program I saw. Maybe I'm not confirming.

Nah. AID is the help key on the 4A. This aint Winblows :lolblue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need some help with addressing.

I've got a counter in R4. And it becomes 34 greater on each loop, starting with 0.

I'm trying to use it to point to a memory location for storing a value which changes in R1 over each loop.

My address I'm using is DBF0 EQU >7D96

And I'm hoping to do something like this.

MOVB R1,@DBF0+R4

I thought this would store the byte at R1 to memory>7D97 if R4=1? Or, if I could store something 34 bytes up in memory if R4 was 34?

Can I do this?  

Edited by GDMike

Maybe you want

MOVB R1, @>DFB0(R4)

You read this in English as "Move the high byte of R1 to the high byte of DFB0 on R4"

The current value of R4 is added to the address DFB0. So, if R4 had the value of 2, then the high byte of R1 would be written to DFB0+2=DFB2.

HTH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willsy said:

Maybe you want

MOVB R1, @>DFB0(R4)

You read this in English as "Move the high byte of R1 to the high byte of DFB0 on R4"

The current value of R4 is added to the address DFB0. So, if R4 had the value of 2, then the high byte of R1 would be written to DFB0+2=DFB2.

HTH.

Thank you! I was pulling my hair out and read the direct addressing pages in the editor assembler book, but I couldn't put my finger on what I was trying to do. I built a page mapper so I can see the 34 bytes on the screen, and kept getting unreadable characters where I should have seen readable ASCII. But my try was denied. Thx so much.

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

Thank you! I was pulling my hair out and read the direct addressing pages in the editor assembler book, but I couldn't put my finger on what I was trying to do. I built a page mapper so I can see the 34 bytes on the screen, and kept getting unreadable characters where I should have seen readable ASCII. But my try was denied. Thx so much.

And... if you name DFB0 with an EQU statement it starts to look like hi-level code. 

ARRAY EQU >DFB0

MOVB R1,@ARRAY(R4) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GDMike said:

MOVB R1,@DBF0+R4

Yeah. Doing it this way (which certainly is legal) adds R4 to the address of DBF0. R4, as you know, equals 4. Every time you perform

MOVB R1,@DBF0+R4

you are doing this

MOVB R1,@DBF0+4

which is writing to the same location (>7D96 + 4 = >7D9A) each time it executes—obviously not what you intended! @Willsy’s method was what you wanted, i.e, you want the contents of R4 added to the address of label DBF0.

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
CORRECTIONS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Ok. So I really want

MOVB R1, @DBF0(R4)

Yup!

What confused all of us was your use of a label (DBF0) that is the equivalent of a hexadecimal value (>DBF0). That one bites us all at one time or other, I fear.

...lee

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ahh. I see. I pay attention to labeling as I've been bit quite a few times. But yes, database field, (screen position), storage 0

Is what I'm trying to say with that. But I should have mentioned that earlier on. Duh

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Ahh. I see. I pay attention to labeling as I've been bit quite a few times. But yes, database field, (screen position), storage 0

Is what I'm trying to say with that. But I should have mentioned that earlier on. Duh

Nah—we just need to pay attention.

...lee

• Like 2

HP scoring pretty high marks as top supercomputer in USA.

I'd settle for the 1-2 percent error possibility ported to my TI, you know, that measurement taken from the stop watch when they calculated the times of window crashes of windows XP on that HP.

https://interestingengineering.com/fastest-supercomputer-located-us

Edited by GDMike