IGNORED

ATR Image Explorer - browser based disassembler for Atari .BAS, XEX, ATR and other files.

rossum

You might find this tool useful.

It does BAS and XEX disassembly in a browser and can produce nice printable Basic listings in the classic font.

Handy for quickly pulling apart a ATR or just spelunking through its contents.

Disassembler is primitive but at least it has symbols.

Atari Basic decompiler works with files that have missing variable name tables.

lmk if it is useful or if you have any feature requests.

cheers

atr_image_explorer.png

https://github.com/rossumur/esp_8_bit/blob/master/atr_image_explorer.htm

atr_image_explorer.htm

Edited by rossum
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7

57 minutes ago, rossum said:

lmk if it is useful or if you have any feature requests.

cheers

WOW!!!

Great tool!

I will be using this a lot. This tool is awesome as is, but I'm sure we will take you up on feature requests.

Leaving for vacation at Clearwater Beach, Florida, but will be using this tool when I get back.

Thank You very much,

Doug

It's amazing!

These are my comments/requests (some of them were already mentioned):

• Extend BASIC detokenizer (disassembler) to TurboBasic XL. One fits both interpreters.
  • Allow many widths in ATASCII listings, including an option to remove left margin for full 40 columns mode.
  • Do not add top and bottom empty lines in ATASCII listings.
  • It is possible to add many file by dropping them in the left panel, but there is no way to remove any from the list. Could you add an (X) button to discard unwanted ones?
  • Estimated filesize (in 125 bytes blocks) is appended to filenames when you drop a single file (not ATR). Add a space between them.
  • In dropping mode (to add files), existing elements in the left panel are highlighted when the pointer goes over them, which it makes me doubt what is going on. Could just the full panel (or nothing) be highlighted?
  • Most of the TXT files inside ATRs are ATASCII text files, so it would be great to display them as LST listing files instead of DAT (hex dump) files.
  • Both "Download" and "Save as LST" buttons are cool...

Thanks again for this great tool!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vitoco said:
  • It is possible to add many file by dropping them in the left panel, but there is no way to remove any from the list. Could you add an (X) button to discard unwanted ones?
  •  

to get rid of (remove) files from list refresh window F5 or click the refresh icon in title.

• Like 2

This is quite fantastic, thank you. I like that you even put in UX handling on opening multiple files and switching between them. Not sure if you knew but it does not seem to work with opening files in modern Firefox; I just fired up Chromium instead so no problem. The various browsers are quite different how they treat drag and drop file operations so I wasn't surprised, just wanted to make sure you knew.

Neat browser app, and useful. Thanks for sharing.

One suggestion would be to add support for some other known filetypes, like: fnt/set, mic, etc. If you do that, I would still leave the option to visualize the data as hex, and/or maybe some other useful formats (like data statements, for instance) too.

49 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Tried Safari, Firefox and Opera.  Doesn't seem to work.

Works in Firefox here (Version: 76.0.1) too, on Windows 7 - 64-bit...

Although some parts show up a little different in Firefox than Opera. For instance, the directory text has double line breaks in between each directory entry from an ATR. The text is also smaller sized for every view (including the ATR directory listing) using the Atari font, whereas only the "Wide" format shows up smaller (as expected) in Opera.

8584500_ATRDirectory.png.bb6c5964377c7e53c3d3d3fb42f81e62.png

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

Hello MrFish, guys

8 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Works in Opera here (Version: 68.0.3618.104), on Windows 7 - 64-bit...

I tried one ATR with Safari, Firefox and the Opera version you mention, but for MacOS.  Guess what.  If I try a different ATR or an XEX, it works.  

Sincerely

Mathy

2 hours ago, Mathy said:

I tried one ATR with Safari, Firefox and the Opera version you mention, but for MacOS.  Guess what.  If I try a different ATR or an XEX, it works.  

Hi Mathy,

Why don't you post the ATR image you're having trouble with? Then maybe @rossum can figure out what the issue is.

Regards,

MF

22 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Hi Mathy,

Why don't you post the ATR image you're having trouble with? Then maybe @rossum can figure out what the issue is.

Regards,

MF

Ha, I tried it with the program disk of one of the Ultima IV sets I have, and unfortunately it just showed some non-latin characters.

3 hours ago, MrFish said:

Neat browser app, and useful. Thanks for sharing.

One suggestion would be to add support for some other known filetypes, like: fnt/set, mic, etc. If you do that, I would still leave the option to visualize the data as hex, and/or maybe some other useful formats (like data statements, for instance) too.

Added FNT visualization. Any .mic files lying about?

atr_image_explorer.htm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rossum said:

Added FNT visualization. Any .mic files lying about?

That was fast!

BTW, ".fnt" and ".set" (as in character set) are the same thing.

Here are some ".mic" files -- from the Graph2Font program examples folder.

mic.zip