IGNORED

ATR Image Explorer - browser based disassembler for Atari .BAS, XEX, ATR and other files.

rossum

It looks like it changed/modified a number of things, did it do so through the entire program changing symbols and variables?... this is not good behavior if a person codes items in as they flow, and then want to go back to add their declarations in to finish up.... very strange indeed

Edited by _The Doctor__
re worded the questions.

Yes, at first I also believed that the original had changed. It almost drove me crazy. But it comes from the Image Explorer, which displays the variables of a *.BAS file differently than they really are.  Because I only recently started using this tool and still have old links, I thought "Ok, this used to be different." I then checked link by link from which version the error occurred and it was the version from which you could edit. Maybe my program is too big 190 lines, I don't know. With a smaller program I have not tested it yet. I should do it. But, it is really not a fake. It comes out like this for me. Because the relations are correct, I thought it would be so wanted. But in my case I let the ATARI program itself with Poke 842,13 and write before in the text: Enter: Q= .From this time on the variable definitely does not match the one from the image exlorer. If I would save with "Save as LST" and would read the LST file over ENTER into the ATARI, the program would be corrupted. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is only by this extremly long Program. This two screenshos show the ATARI 400 Screen(on PC over S-Video) with Image Explorer and a shorter program with no changes.

Is it posible to attach a Source File here? So I would attage the FORMELX.BAS source file that everybody can test it.

ATARI2Image.jpg

ShortPro.jpg

Edited by boson

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, boson said:

Yes, it is only by this extremly long Program. This two screenshos show the ATARI 400 Screen(on PC over S-Video) with Image Explorer and a shorter program with no changes.

Is it posible to attach a Source File here? So I would attage the FORMELX.BAS source file that everybody can test it.

ATARI2Image.jpg

ShortPro.jpg

Yes BAS files can be attached.

The "Download" button will get the ATR Explorer version onto your host OS.

If you want to compare it to Altirra version, I think Altirra's "H1:" drive will do that.

Edited by scottinNH

On 1/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, boson said:

Hi, first of all great program it helps me a lot. Then I discovered something that I don't know if it's a bug or an option. Since the version that lets you edit a basic program something strange happens.The program renames all variables by itself on the screen. The original remains of course as it was. Is this intentional and if so can it be turned off? This happens only with a *.BAS with a *.LST it remains correct. See attachment. First with the old Version from May 2020 then the newest. The Programm has not been changed.

May252020 ok.jpg

1899344688_NewestVersion.thumb.jpg.97cebc8e5c2e3af50d0063ddc2104a05.jpg

Good call.

"When" (date) did the editing feature appear?

What I want is the direct Git link to the commit, which I can find if you have the date.

I am happy enough with accurate read-only access and I'm sure a few others would appreciate seeing that link

(I can find the pre-regression version link,  if you can give me a date of the feature change)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 4:49 AM, scottinNH said:

Good call.

"When" (date) did the editing feature appear?

What I want is the direct Git link to the commit, which I can find if you have the date.

I am happy enough with accurate read-only access and I'm sure a few others would appreciate seeing that link

(I can find the pre-regression version link,  if you can give me a date of the feature change)

Looks like i introduced a bug when synthesizing missing variable names. will look at it over the weekend.

Adding direct link to latest version: https://rossumur.github.io/esp_8_bit/atr_image_explorer.htm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I checked it with thew newest version, the effect is still the same. Load it with the ATARI itself and put it in your tool.

For those who want to try the code, a short tutorial even if it is off-topic:

The program also runs on an ATARI 400 if it has 48k. I wrote this program in the 80s. Text is in German. It draws any function of the form X=... Y=...
To see something you enter the following in the inputs:
Q
SIN(X)*5
The 1st input defines the coordinate grid
Then how far the Y-axis is shifted: - 10
Then the same for the X axis : 0
Then follows a the value for Y. Here you should simply enter Q for simple functions.
Now follows the formula of the form X=SIN(X)*5. Only Enter SIN...
Then a costant, we don't need it here. Enter or 0
Then the delta of the counter thus the value with X which is counted upwards: 1
Then the starting point for X, here : 0
You get a nice sine drawn.
This also works with "higher" functions: X=COS(Q) Y=SIN(3*Q) etc.

Today this is done by a pocket calculator ;-)

Greeting Boson!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boson said:

I checked it with thew newest version, the effect is still the same. Load it with the ATARI itself and put it in your tool.

For those who want to try the code, a short tutorial even if it is off-topic:

The program also runs on an ATARI 400 if it has 48k. I wrote this program in the 80s. Text is in German. It draws any function of the form X=... Y=...
To see something you enter the following in the inputs:
Q
SIN(X)*5
The 1st input defines the coordinate grid
Then how far the Y-axis is shifted: - 10
Then the same for the X axis : 0
Then follows a the value for Y. Here you should simply enter Q for simple functions.
Now follows the formula of the form X=SIN(X)*5. Only Enter SIN...
Then a costant, we don't need it here. Enter or 0
Then the delta of the counter thus the value with X which is counted upwards: 1
Then the starting point for X, here : 0
You get a nice sine drawn.
This also works with "higher" functions: X=COS(Q) Y=SIN(3*Q) etc.

Today this is done by a pocket calculator ;-)

Greeting Boson!

should be fixed now at: https://rossumur.github.io/esp_8_bit/atr_image_explorer.htm

cheers

• Like 3

TIP - 

If anyone wants to print the BASIC source out, without ATR UI showing (ie you just want the BASIC code printed), then you can:

In Chrome, right click on the violet-colored box (which we want to get rid of), then choose Inspect (invoking Developers Tools. ).

With the ELEMENTS tab selected, move cursor over the markup elements until you see JUST the violet box selected.

Right click on that tag (it has ID="TOC")

Choose delete.

Now when you go to Print Preview, the TOC is not visible.  This breaks page functionality (reload the page after) but the print is cleaner.

Adding @media/print CSS styles could achieve the same thing more cleanly, but for now the above worked for me. ?

Hmmm. I found either a bug or a feature when looking at a COM file I programmed myself with MAC/65.

MAC/65 seems to assemble the source into many segments in the COM file:

; code segment 252 bytes at 4000:40FB
; code segment 252 bytes at 40FC:41F7
; code segment 252 bytes at 41F8:42F3
; code segment 252 bytes at 42F4:43EF
; code segment 252 bytes at 43F0:44EB
[cont.]

The disassembly in Image Explorer at the segment boundary looks like below. The STA command at $40FA is 3 bytes ($40FA-$40FC) and reaches into the next segment, but because of the segment change the Image Explorer seems to disassemble again from $40FC (last byte of STA), which is not a valid opcode.

Perhaps the tool could treat code segments that are directly adjacent as merged?

image.png.038f68f2b857b068996acd7711c71fb3.png

41 minutes ago, Gury said:

I use it sometimes to check Atari BASIC files. Is it possible to add an option to save output on canvas as png or jpg?

The ATASCII Printer can provide you BMP files for your BASIC listings. You can print them or save and convert them to PNG if required.

(it might be the time to update that old service to provide PNG images instead)

• Like 1

ATASCIIprinter produces acceptable printouts on screen, but I miss the proper left margin alignment when 2-columns, 38 chars width is selected (2 spaces before listing line).

And of course, *.png file format, which is standard and free graphics format on net. Not BMP.

• 1 year later...

Hi Atari fans ! this is PVBest73 here, from France.

Thanks to @Gury, one year ago, I discovered ATR Image Explorer.

Then I tried to contact @rossum to help him improving his ATR Image Explorer tool on GitHub, but unfortunately Rossum Github seems to be off line now.

Well, as I know very well the Atari 8-Bit, and I know a little about javascript code, I decided to improve ATR Image Explorer and to add a lot of features, so I renamed it as Atari 8-bit Rom Image File Explorer.

I use it to explore my XFD disk files that I made twenty years ago from my own 5''1/4 Atari floppies, using my ARFD Windows software.

With the Atari 8-bit Rom Image File Explorer upgraded tool, you keep all the previous features from ATR Image Explorer, and in addition you will be able to:

• save listing on your computer, in plain txt or html
  • open DOS3 and DOS1 disk image and have full directory display
  • manage ROM image files (open, dump, disassembling, bank check, change type, save) and make CART file,
  • disassemble with Atari 5200 equates, and have the different equate when writing or reading OS chip addresses 
  • navigate into disassembly code with HTML hyperlinks
  • have an explanatory HTML console

So please try it and report me bugs.

I'm still working on adding features.

Atari 8-bit Rom Image File Explorer  link is https://pvbestinfoo.github.io/atari8-bit_rom_image_file_explorer.html

Projet link on Github is : https://github.com/pvbestinfoo/Atari_8-Bit_Rom_Image_File_Explorer where you can find a feature presentation.

Enjoy ! 
PVBest73

Edited by PVbest73
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:25 AM, mnemo said:

Hmmm. I found either a bug or a feature when looking at a COM file I programmed myself with MAC/65.

MAC/65 seems to assemble the source into many segments in the COM file:

; code segment 252 bytes at 4000:40FB
; code segment 252 bytes at 40FC:41F7
; code segment 252 bytes at 41F8:42F3
; code segment 252 bytes at 42F4:43EF
; code segment 252 bytes at 43F0:44EB
[cont.]

The disassembly in Image Explorer at the segment boundary looks like below. The STA command at $40FA is 3 bytes ($40FA-$40FC) and reaches into the next segment, but because of the segment change the Image Explorer seems to disassemble again from $40FC (last byte of STA), which is not a valid opcode.

Perhaps the tool could treat code segments that are directly adjacent as merged?

image.png.038f68f2b857b068996acd7711c71fb3.png

Hi

I've check, no possibilities to do it within the disassembly routine of the ATR image explorer tool, because each segment has its own disassembly listing.

The problem is more with MAC/65 that makes too much segments without any reason?

Maybe we could add a feature in the tool for loading the COM file in a temporary memory and then disassembling the memory.

-to be continued...

Edited by PVbest73
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, scottinNH said:

@rossum This program is AMAZING - TY!  I've hit a small display issue with INTRO.BAS found on early Atari titles (Kingdom, etc)

Altirra emulator

intro-altirra.png

ATR Image Explorer:

INTRO.BAS 994 B · 42 downloads Kingdom_with_DOS_2.0S_(complete_cassette_import).atr 90.02 kB · 35 downloads

intro-atr-explorer-40c.png

Hi!

Please check my ARIFE (ATR Image Explorer) update, it should be fixed.

Cheers! 

Capture ARIFE 1.PNG

• Like 3

Thank You so much for the update and improvements!!

Such a great tool.

Just 2 request if possible.

1. When displaying in Raw Sectors and Raw Data, could you display Internal Characters along with ATASCII Characters.
2. Create an png image of Atari BASIC listing or add an option to save output on canvas as png or jpg? (per Gury).

I am so grateful for your interest and support for such a great tool!

Doug

• Like 1