IGNORED

Sophia 2 - improved GTIA replacement

Simius

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Droid420 said:

I would like to be added to the pre-order as well. Do I need to do anything else besides state so on this thread?

Nope. Just wait for the word as and when, Hopefully 2023.

Afaik in the States the Brewing academy will likely be the reseller (as they have done before). Over here in Europe you buy from Simius directly, (payment via PayPal). 

Basically for now watch this space. 

Where are you based btw? 

Edited by Beeblebrox

8 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Nope. Just wait for the word as and when, Hopefully 2023.

Afaik in the States the Brewing academy will likely be the reseller (as they have done before). Over here in Europe you buy from Simius directly, (payment via PayPal). 

Basically for now watch this space. 

Where are you based btw? 

I just found the brewing academy site yesterday looking for a 5200 AV mod which then led me to this forum. I will probably pick up their AV mod until I get get my hands on a Sophia 2. I am located in a Dallas Texas suburb. 

2 hours ago, nasty niff said:

Quick question, have two Sophia 2, one works perfectly, the other seems to only work @ 576p, changed cables including ribbon and tried in different xls, just gives black like it's trying to sync....

Maybe the signal may be out of spec slightly with the second one. Did you try changing resolution with the configuration utility to get a screen that may work?

3 hours ago, nasty niff said:

Tried all combinations and resolutions. Think there's a problem with this sophia2.

You did try the different sync modes?

Here is a Hail Mary.... can you try another input on the TV. I once had worked with a TV and discovered later that that one of the inputs was not functional with a certain device even though it worked with another.

Tried different settings to get 15Khz RGB working.  Trying to verify 2 different monitors for RGB.  I have an Amiga 1080 CRT monitor, and a Dell U2410.  I'm not getting any response out of either monitor with Sophia.  U2410 seems to sort of work with VBXE (though having other issues), I am getting an image though.  The 1080, I have switched over to RGB Analog, on the back, and RGB on the front.  I'm not getting any picture at all.  Tried settings in Sophia, to RGB, and both norm or interlaced settings, though I was able to get VGA out.  Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, wildstar87 said:

Tried different settings to get 15Khz RGB working.  Trying to verify 2 different monitors for RGB.  I have an Amiga 1080 CRT monitor, and a Dell U2410.  I'm not getting any response out of either monitor with Sophia.  U2410 seems to sort of work with VBXE (though having other issues), I am getting an image though.  The 1080, I have switched over to RGB Analog, on the back, and RGB on the front.  I'm not getting any picture at all.  Tried settings in Sophia, to RGB, and both norm or interlaced settings, though I was able to get VGA out.  Any ideas? 

Which DVI cables adapter are you using? Not all of them support analog output. Are you using the one with the analog pins?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wildstar87 said:

Yeah I'm using an DVI to VGA adapter that I had, I have a few others I can try, but I don't think this is the problem.  It works in VGA mode, just not 15Khz RGB.  It has the 5 pins for the analog section.

From the documentation, it seems that it doesn't support 15Khz RGB, only standard VGA.

Edited by scorpio_ny