IGNORED

Atari 7800 Toki Review

Tempest

7 minutes ago, Supergun said:

That has got to be your longest review on the entire site. Wow.

By far.  I wanted to cover the game thoroughly because I can't release the rom.  Hopefully it gives everyone an idea of how it plays.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Nice review; thanks. I know there was a lot of unnecessary drama surrounding this rom, but let's be honest, if it was actually released, no lawsuit would be filed. Ready, set, release! ?

I think a lot of you do not know what honor means, fuck lawyers.

And I just banned Tempest.

• Like 2

Great review. Graphics look very nice. I hope if it ever comes out it can have a POKEY/XM soundtrack added. I'm sure the collector's would like it, but there's plenty of the other good versions, so I'm happy with having the review.

On 6/16/2020 at 6:14 PM, Crazy Climber said:

I've yet to play a version of Toki that isn't tedious and frustrating. I won't lose any sleep if it's never released :)

I completely disagree! I personally love the Sega Genesis version. It’s the version that exposed me to the game. Granted, it’s very unforgiving, but some games are like that; you just learn the patterns of what to do, where to go, and when to duck.

20 hours ago, Swami said:

Great review. Graphics look very nice. I hope if it ever comes out it can have a POKEY/XM soundtrack added. I'm sure the collector's would like it, but there's plenty of the other good versions, so I'm happy with having the review.

Or not. Nothing towards you specifically but this whole "oh and add a pokey" to all these games that really don't need it\nor is it worth while, especially for games that are not public, don't exist or are just fine the way they are is just silly talk. The majority of games would need a total rewrite to do such a thing which most armchair programmers\hardware analysts have not a single clue about.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...