IGNORED

Video Game Critic reviews Rikki & Vikki

sramirez2008

On 6/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, Shawn said:

Anyone who doesn't give this game an A+ is out of their mind.

18 hours ago, save2600 said:

Let's put the pitchforks aside, please. Everyone here knows what the VGC is all about, his brevity, etc. You're free to use the voting mechanism as mentioned, if compelled. There are those that are vocal every chance they get, about not being into long walls of texts, yet bitch about (despite the awesome grade) abbreviated reviews such as his? So he missed something or didn't play the game all the way through. C'mon. There's enough of the 'thought police' mentality going on today. Tell me how to live, or otherwise dictate how someone should go about a review. My way or the highway. No need to carry *that* poisonous water over to this hobby, is there? I mean really... A+ or A-? 

Like splitting hairs with a chainsaw.  ;)

Is it wrong that, paradoxically I agree with both of these posts 150%?    

(I don't know,...Percentages are not my strong point)

OK,  I glanced at the review.  I wasn't going to.  I own the game.  I like it.  That's all I need...Not really into internet or video reviews anyway.  On one hand,  I'm happy it gave a bump in sales and that it got high marks,...On another,  I don't like seeing too much of a game in action (Don't want it spoiled when I first play it)...And on the third hand, (I don't know;  Hand quantity must also not be my strong point) That game is amazing and they added lots of extras they didn't have to that make it even better...Personally I liked the old days of seeing a glossy page in a magazine, with, in the Best cases, a high quality picture of the game and box art plus multiple screen shots...but not too many (heh)...

To sum up,  My first impression of his review is that it was good but not great...See?  I gave a review of a review, but I didn't pay attention to the whole thing...(a meta metaphor?,   some not quite surreality presented the way AVGN would do it)...

• Like 1

An A- is a good score, but considering this game features the "best" sound in a 7800 game,  arguably the "best" graphics in a 7800 game, and multiple endings between 1 and 2 players also featuring different bosses and levels, well I feel like the old 7800 got the shaft on this one.  A game that truly makes the 7800 great, even if extra chips were needed for sound.  I have shown this cart to my friends to impress them with the "7800" things that "could have" been, and it has not failed.   Its criminal that this game did not get even more attention, but I am glad it was made, and for the "stock" 7800, an impressive dream I never seen coming.  Hell it needs an A++.   Any self-respecting 7800 fan should buy a copy.  Thanks again TailChao for making this game.   

Edited by 7800JAGFAN
  • Like 1

I really do not agree with every

review Video Game Critic do for the 7800... it’s like sometimes ‘yes, yes’, other times ‘what the heck were you thinking’...?

Rikki & Vikki is definitly a top game.

A minus, puts it among the top games, so I’ve no problems with that.

Should it be A minus, A, or A plus...?

That is the question.

I haven’t gotten around to play it thoroughly enough ... yet... (as I’ve tons of retro-game-titles to go through, either on original platforms or mini-and-emulated versions).

Actually if you have a 7800, just get it, and share your opinion here.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1