IGNORED

Doggone It!

10 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

One step away from receiving my copy of Doggone It! After almost two long months

Congratulations @alfredtdk!  You are the winner for the longest time to receive your package.  For the record, it started its journey on Dec. 11th, so it will just be a little over two months by the time you get it.  James from @ZeroPage Homebrew gave it his best shot, but he had to settle for second place.  I am happy to report that all of the Doggone It! packages have made it to their destinations, or as for my Brazilian friend, are very close.  There were a few that took the scenic route, but in the end they all made it.

I want to thank everyone for their support for Doggone It! and the recognition it received at last week's award show.  There were a lot comments of "well deserved" and as much as I appreciate those words, I would emphatically say that all of the nominees are deserving.  There are some great games out there and for Doggone It! to be rubbing shoulders with them on stage and my name be mentioned with fellow developers was deserving enough.  I also can't say enough about the awards show itself and the professionalism that it exuded.  Thanks to James and gang for their hard work.  I am already looking forward to next year's show when I can just kick back with some popcorn and watch.

Doggone It! has had its moment and I believe it's time to move on.  I hope this will be the last post I make in this forum thread and that the Doggone It! topic starts to make its way done the forum page.  It's simply time to talk about other games.  But before I "sign off" I do want to address a few things.

On 12/21/2020 at 6:18 AM, Armscar Coder said:

When the cartridge version is played on my vintage machine, the first note or two of the title song screen is missed on the first time through.

The issue appears to be my Atari system.  I was playing Amoeba Jump a while back and discovered the same phenomenon of the title song missing the first few notes the first time through.  I reached out to a few Doggone It! recipients and they have reported back that they did not experience this issue.  So, I believe all is good except something possibly wrong with my light sixer.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:57 AM, Armscar Coder said:

I have no plans to ask for it to be in the AtariAge store.  It’s Al’s store, not mine.

A few weeks back Al inquired about the possibility of putting Doggone It! in the AtariAge store.  I was initially hesitant about the idea and had been during the game's development.  My concern all along was that the game would take on a different meaning.  Even my wife periodically reminded me not to "change your passion for glory" as Survivor so well said in Eye of the Tiger.  I want Doggone It! to celebrate the individuals it was made for and what they did for my family.  But now, I have reconsidered.  I do want to be able to share the game in physical form for those who want it and I do want to support Al and AtariAge.  And, if further sharing my story can help someone out there, then I believe the passion can continue to live on.  So, stay tuned for a potential release announcement from Al. 

On 1/28/2021 at 8:10 PM, MrZarniwoop said:

Perhaps there's a way that perhaps the AtariAge store could sell this game, boxed or bare, or maybe even just the ROM file electronically, with any money beyond covering costs benefiting an appropriate cancer charity?

If Doggone It! ends up in the AtariAge store, any proceeds I would get from sales will be donated to the University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.   I do not have a specific charity that I prefer someone donate to.  I would advise that they do so as they feel led.  One thing I would mention is the effect of reaching out to someone who is currently in their cancer battle, especially if they are going through treatments and are ill from the side effects.  During my tough days I looked to get through the day as soon as possible so I could get to the next day.  I did this day after day, knowing that one day I would get to the point when it wouldn't hurt anymore.  I tried to pass the time doing anything.  One of the highlights of the day was reading cards and letters from my friends, family, and sometimes people I didn't even know.  The letters were the best because they were longer.  I would often read them several times.  On days when there was little or no new mail, I would go back and read the letters again.  So, I would not want to discourage anyone from donating money to a charity but I do feel that a bigger and more immediate impact can be made by just writing a letter, even if it is to someone you don't know that well.  And that is going to cost you a stamp, an envelope, and just some time.  That time, and the thoughtfulness behind it, will go a very long way. 

On 2/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, Rogerpoco said:

if I have my way about it, I'll get to sit down with Armscar over a couple glasses of Dr. Pepper

@Rogerpoco, once the pandemic is over, I look forward to it.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, Armscar Coder said:

I do have an idea for a new game.

A concept of a new game is taking shape, but don't look for anything playable in 2021.  I will say that in its current state, its a military style shooter.  And yes, @MarcoJ I had the idea prior to your announcement of Modern Battle (which premiered on ZPH last night).  There should be no mistaking the two though, as I will attempt to fit the new idea into 4K.

I can't say thank you enough to the Atari community.  It has been a wild, but thoroughly enjoyable ride.  I have never been one to comment much in the forums (just as I seem to be getting the hang of it).  I may be fairly quiet until news of my new game, but I'll be out there following and playing all of the current new batch of games and the ones yet to come.  I thought I would end with a video I came across a while back.  It gave me a chuckle and for all of you Doggone It! fans out there, I hope it does for you to.

Take care.

- Andrew

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
Those who wait always reach. Today, after a long wait for release, finally Doggone It! it arrived. And I can only be grateful for the incredible work of Andrew and everyone involved who helped to materialize this project. Everything in this game is perfect, the gameplay, the arts and the packaging. It is a material that I will cherish with great care in my modest collection. As far as I know I'm the only one in South America to own one, yet. I hope from the bottom of my heart that his life-inspired work expands and reaches other places in the world that do not yet know him and serves as an example that we must never give up what we aim to achieve, even if there are many stones in this path. Best wishes Andrew.
A virtual hug.

- Alfredo

Below are some photos, of the arrival, the unwrapping and the test of functioning in the original console, of its Brazilian clones, and of course I could not miss my last current score.

20210311_145119.jpg

20210311_145157.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0002.jpg

20210311_173644.jpg

20210311_181941.jpg

20210311_180658.jpg

20210311_214336.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, alfredtdk said:
Those who wait always reach. Today, after a long wait for release, finally Doggone It! it arrived. And I can only be grateful for the incredible work of Andrew and everyone involved who helped to materialize this project. Everything in this game is perfect, the gameplay, the arts and the packaging. It is a material that I will cherish with great care in my modest collection. As far as I know I'm the only one in South America to own one, yet. I hope from the bottom of my heart that his life-inspired work expands and reaches other places in the world that do not yet know him and serves as an example that we must never give up what we aim to achieve, even if there are many stones in this path. Best wishes Andrew.
A virtual hug.

- Alfredo

Below are some photos, of the arrival, the unwrapping and the test of functioning in the original console, of its Brazilian clones, and of course I could not miss my last current score.

20210311_145119.jpg

20210311_145157.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210311-WA0002.jpg

20210311_173644.jpg

20210311_181941.jpg

20210311_180658.jpg

20210311_214336.jpg

You need a mailbox, Man!!!

Those dogs look too friendly to run anyone off!

:P

Great Score!!!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

You need a mailbox, Man!!!

Those dogs look too friendly to run anyone off!

:P

Great Score!!!

Thanks?

Appearances are deceiving, my friend. Let my gentle giant Spike say, his physical size that scares at first sight, makes anyone think twice before approaching that gate. Despite being a colossus, and a unique sweetness that only wants affection.

20210313_001625.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For those who weren't able to purchase a copy of Doggone It! when it was available previously, we will be adding it to the AtariAge Store soon.  Here's a render of the box, updated slightly (click for a larger view): 

2600_DoggoneIt_Render_Boxes.jpg

I really love how well this box was put together, as well as the other printed materials.  A lot of care was obviously put into this game!  :)

..Al

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

For those who weren't able to purchase a copy of Doggone It! when it was available previously, we will be adding it to the AtariAge Store soon.  Here's a render of the box, updated slightly (click for a larger view): 

2600_DoggoneIt_Render_Boxes.jpg

I really love how well this box was put together, as well as the other printed materials.  A lot of care was obviously put into this game!  :)

..Al

Oh, IMO, that box is the single most coolest thing that was ever made.

:D

(Roger Blair=...Me.)

Such a great game. Armscar is one of the nicest Guys I know, too.

Buy this game.

I only bothered to get good at it because it's good, seriously. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I missed the original small run. And yes that box and packaging was amazing.

I am glad that this is getting a broader release.

I was very disappointed that it seemed like a very limited “elite” type of release before.

Looking forward to this.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled onto this today! 

I tried it out on Stella and really enjoyed it, so much so I pulled my 2600 out of storage and copied the BIN to my Harmony cart.  I just spent 30 minutes playing it, and will give it another go tonight.

It's really a fun game and I'm glad to see it will be added to the AA store.

Doggone.jpg

Edited by ls650
  • Like 6

Doggone It! is now available for purchase in the AtariAge Store!  You can find it here:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1248

I do plan on printing some of the same materials included with the limited release, but those aren't in the description in the store yet, as I want to make sure I have them on-hand before I do that.  :)

..Al

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I've started a thread to keep everyone updated on the production of all the new pre-order games, including Doggone It!  I'm also posting photos as items arrive, such as physical proofs and the boxes, manuals, labels, posters, and other items!  

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

..Al

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
 AtariAge Day 2022
THIS SATURDAY, LIVE on ZeroPage Homebrew

Saturday, May 21st 2022
12PM PT/3PM ET/7PM GMT

Join us for this year's AtariAge Day hosted by @ZeroPage Homebrew on Saturday, May 21st starting at 12PM PT to see the latest homebrew games for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Atari Jaguar, as well as live interviews with the developers who created all these great games. Make sure you don't miss this huge event and mark it on your calendars! All the newest games in the AtariAge Store will be unboxed and played during the interviews with developers!

395324680_20220518-AtariAgeDay-Square-DoggoneIt.thumb.jpg.2c7c61c21827d45a453d3cb081db1117.jpg
Releases & Interviews

Atari 2600:
  • Doggone It (2600) by Andrew Pauley @Armscar Coder
  • Escape from the Castle (2600) by Eduardo Vilarinho
  • Game of the Bear (2600) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Hellway (2600) by Octavio Pinho Bokel @Octavio Pinho Bokel
  • LadyBug Arcade (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Mr. Yo-Yo (2600) by David Marli @DaveM
  • Pitkat (2600) by Marco Johannes (MarcoJ) and Dyfed Hitchings (Jamtex)
  • RobotWar 2684 (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Soul of the Beast (2600) by Michael Christophersson/ΛERIF°RM @flame
  • Unholy (2600) by Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago
Atari 5200:
  • Intellidiscs (5200) by Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer
Atari 7800:
  • Danger Zone (7800) by Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster
  • Dragon's Descent (7800) by Todd Furmanski @Revontuli
  • Knight Guy in Low-Res World – Castle Days (7800) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Wizard's Dungeon (7800) by BydoEmpire @BydoEmpire
Atari Jaguar:
  • Dr. Typo Collection (Jaguar) by Dr. Typo @DrTypo
  • Gravitic Mines (Jaguar) by Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ and and Ander Lex @agradeneu
  • Like 3