IGNORED

Doggone It!

Dear friend, I already consider your game a new masterpiece of the 2600.
It is not always that we see something being created with all the classic
 and fun elements, within the established 4k standards for which the Atari VCS was designed.
Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

First off, thanks to everyone for their positive comments on Doggone It!.  The feedback has been much appreciated.  Being my first game and new to AtariAge, I have been overwhelmed by the community’s reaction.

I will be ordering cartridges soon from AtariAge.  I have not modified the game design since the initial post, but I think I will bump up the volume just a little for the cartridges.

I have attached images of the cartridge labels.  My graphic designer is moving on to the box and manual designs, so it still may be a little while before the project is complete.  For those of you that requested a free game, I will contact you via personal messenger once the entire game package is ready.

631093312_DoggoneIt!CartLabel-Main.thumb.png.e549dd8fb94f8a5d2611d153e5cc55ef.png1745376806_DoggoneIt!CartLabel-End.thumb.png.d63cfd9c6b2fdcb64a41a343fc8eda39.png

• Like 10

Love the label art. I will definitely be interested in the physical copy. Are there any loose cartridges being produced or are they all boxed versions?

I'm more of a player than a collector so I don't necessarily need a boxed version. Either way, I will definitely want a copy

Edited by Skwrl63
Punctuation....

@Karl G and @jwelsh, no worries so far as buying a copy.  It will be free.  But, just so that I can retire someday, I will only guarantee ten copies.  And just so this doesn't go on forever, let's set a request deadline for midnight September 1st.  If there is interest beyond ten copies, I will have my kids draw names out of a hat after September 1st.  @Prizrak and @KevKelley are guaranteed copies since they requested copies in earlier posts (these won't count against the guaranteed ten copies).  Once I figure out how many I need for friends, family, and intended recipients, I may have some extra.  @Albert is getting me a pretty sweet deal on the cartridges, so there may be a few more to give away.  Unless you tell me otherwise, I will assume you want s NTSC version.  If you want a PAL60 version, please indicate as such.   

For those that haven't followed this thread before or are wondering why I am giving copies away for free (or in a mood for little bit of a sob story), checkout post #14 in this thread which gives more details on the background of the game.  I didn't make this game for fame, and certainly didn't make it for money.  Working on this game has helped me get through the past year and a half.  My next doctor's appointment is next month.  If that visit goes well, I am statistically much more in the clear in regards to a potential recurrence.  I am sharing my game with others as a celebration of life and to give just a little bit back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

No problem @Armscar Coder! Either paid or free, I would like one if possible whenever you get these made. And Amazing story too. I actually saw your game on ZPH and played the heck out of it. I somehow missed the post about cartridges being made. Scott Dayton posted a link about it today on his homebrew page on Facebook which led me here again.

Thanks for creating such a fun game, and sharing with us all.

Edited by jwelsh
NTSC
  • Like 1

@Armscar Coder I am excited to see that you are making physical carts. The artwork looks great! Your game and the inspiration behind it were very personal and touching. I share sentiments with some of the others and had not expected a copy to be free. Whatever you decide is up to you but as others have said, thank you for sharing such a solid and genuine game!

Looking forward to seeing more!

4 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

@Karl G and @jwelsh, no worries so far as buying a copy.  It will be free.  But, just so that I can retire someday, I will only guarantee ten copies.  And just so this doesn't go on forever, let's set a request deadline for midnight September 1st.  If there is interest beyond ten copies, I will have my kids draw names out of a hat after September 1st.  @Prizrak and @KevKelley are guaranteed copies since they requested copies in earlier posts (these won't count against the guaranteed ten copies).  Once I figure out how many I need for friends, family, and intended recipients, I may have some extra.  @Albert is getting me a pretty sweet deal on the cartridges, so there may be a few more to give away.  Unless you tell me otherwise, I will assume you want s NTSC version.  If you want a PAL60 version, please indicate as such.   

For those that haven't followed this thread before or are wondering why I am giving copies away for free (or in a mood for little bit of a sob story), checkout post #14 in this thread which gives more details on the background of the game.  I didn't make this game for fame, and certainly didn't make it for money.  Working on this game has helped me get through the past year and a half.  My next doctor's appointment is next month.  If that visit goes well, I am statistically much more in the clear in regards to a potential recurrence.  I am sharing my game with others as a celebration of life and to give just a little bit back. 

Well let this be my formal request then, lol. I'm unable to emulate, so my only chance to place this would be on a physical cartridge.

I would love to review it in my Retro Gaming Nook?

Congrats on your first development?

9 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

@Armscar Coder count me in! I love the artwork on the label!!!

I will be adding it to a future Homebrew book also!

Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

First off, thanks to everyone for their positive comments on Doggone It!.  The feedback has been much appreciated.  Being my first game and new to AtariAge, I have been overwhelmed by the community’s reaction.

I will be ordering cartridges soon from AtariAge.  I have not modified the game design since the initial post, but I think I will bump up the volume just a little for the cartridges.

I have attached images of the cartridge labels.  My graphic designer is moving on to the box and manual designs, so it still may be a little while before the project is complete.  For those of you that requested a free game, I will contact you via personal messenger once the entire game package is ready.

631093312_DoggoneIt!CartLabel-Main.thumb.png.e549dd8fb94f8a5d2611d153e5cc55ef.png1745376806_DoggoneIt!CartLabel-End.thumb.png.d63cfd9c6b2fdcb64a41a343fc8eda39.png

I would love to get a physical copy

On 8/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, Armscar Coder said:

The cart label looks great, the bone as the exclamation mark is a nice touch! Can't wait to see the box. ?

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From the posted requests in this forum thread and AtariAge PM inquiries, as well as extending the offer to a few individuals that have helped me in my Atari journey, I have counted nineteen potential recipients for a free copy of Doggone It!.  I couldn’t bring myself to limit the free copies to just ten people, so I decided to pull an Oprah.

Everybody gets a car(tridge)!

As mentioned in an earlier post, the cartridges will come from AtariAge.  I will be sourcing the boxes and manuals myself.  I don’t have any experience here, so I hope I can live up to the quality you are used to from AtariAge (at least the cartridges will be top of the line).  If you don’t like it, I’ll refund your money and you can keep the game!  (That’s my attempt at humor.)  Below is the list of everyone that will be guaranteed a copy of Doggone It! with a box and manual.  I broke it out into two different lists based on the versions available (NTSC and PAL60).  If you didn’t specify, you are getting NTSC.  If I missed someone that made the request, please let me know.  The only thing I ask is PLEASE BE PATIENT.  We are still working on the manual and box design.  Even when they are done, I don’t expect it to be released until mid-December as that it is when I hope to reveal the game to those that it was made for.  For those on the lists, please provide me an address through AtariAge PM for where the game should be sent (though I am not in a hurry based on the expected release date).

NTSC

@adamh9700

@Arenafoot

@AtariTexas

@bfstats

@jwelsh

@Karl G

@KevinMos3

@KevKelley

@NostAlgae37

@Prizrak

@Rogerpoco

@Skwrl63

@socrates63

@splendidnut

@sramirez2008

@TrekMD

@ZeroPage Homebrew

PAL60
@Al_Nafuur

@Philsan

This will be limited release and I will be giving away all of the copies (some to friends and family in addition to the lists above).  I have no plans to ask for it to be in the AtariAge store.  It’s Al’s store, not mine.  But more importantly, for this project I feel a great need for finality.  I want this game, just like my cancer, to be a chapter in my life that I can close and not be part of any legacy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

On 9/10/2020 at 3:57 AM, Armscar Coder said:

From the posted requests in this forum thread and AtariAge PM inquiries, as well as extending the offer to a few individuals that have helped me in my Atari journey, I have counted nineteen potential recipients for a free copy of Doggone It!.  I couldn’t bring myself to limit the free copies to just ten people, so I decided to pull an Oprah.

Everybody gets a car(tridge)!

This is so extremely generous, thank you so much @Armscar Coder! The game is so much fun and I'm looking forward to playing it again on the show TOMORROW!!

ZeroPage Homebrew will be trying for a high score in the High Score Club with Doggone It! on tomorrow's (Fri Sep 11) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1