IGNORED

Cybermorph, so wot's it all about?

Desolate One

So tonight is the first night I set down to actually play the Jag. It didn't take too long to figure out Cybermorph and complete all 8 worlds, but then I'm transported to another world to basically destroy everything and collect those pods. So there are things flying all over, appearing out of nowhere, and shooting the hell outta me I had to wonder why the hell it got so difficult! Was that the last level or does it go on after that, and why does it go from so easy is almost boring to extremely difficult? Don't get me wrong I like it, it just seems a bit odd the way it gets so difficult.

Thanks

Heh, you've barely even started! Cybermorph is one of the few Jag games I've never beaten, and yes, it's almost insane how much the difficulty increases between the first and second "levels". IIRC, there are 8 different levels with 8 planets each, not counting bonus levels and planets, or the "boss" planets. In other words, you've got a LOOOONG way to go. :D

When I got my Jag back in the day, Cybermorph was my only game for a loooong time. I can´t believe how good I became at playing it. When I tried it the last time I sucked bad and thought it was very hard too...but back then I could fly blindly through the canyons. It´s amazing if I think back. I don´t know if I still would have hte time and resistance to play a game that much anymore......it was fun anyway.

Peter

When I got my Jag back in the day, Cybermorph was my only game for a loooong time. I can´t believe how good I became at playing it. When I tried it the last time I sucked bad and thought it was very hard too...but back then I could fly blindly through the canyons. It´s amazing if I think back. I don´t know if I still would have hte time and resistance to play a game that much anymore......it was fun anyway.

Peter

Were you ever able to finish the game? I'd like to know how "beatable" the game is on a scale of nights being pissed off. Anyone? :D

It's finishable, but if you want to get a high score for the whole game, you'll have to play it through in one sitting, which can take the whole day. If you don't mind "continuing" with a score of zero, then all you have to do is play the 8 worlds and the boss world of the first level through (or any level) and you get a code for the next level of 8+ planets. It's only hard in comparison to the first level, if you play and practice, you'll get good. Like any shooter, there is always a trick to defeating the bosses and strategies you'll need to learn for handling the different enemies. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any strategy guides online for it, but I could be wrong. The only one I know of for sure is in the Jaguar strategy guide book, which covers about the first 20 games that came out for the Jaguar. I find it only just gets interesting and challenging after the first set of planets, which is unfortunate, since many people get disillusioned with the game from the first level of planets and never make it to the later levels to find out just how cool and edge-or-your-seat exciting it is later on. If you want to cheat, the level codes and other cheats are available in the Jaguar cheat sheet, one of which is viewable on a link at the top of JI2: http://atarihq.com/interactive/

here is a direct link also: http://www.atarihq.com/jaglynx/jag/jagcheat.txt

Yeah what Gunstar said is right. It´s definitly(sp?)beatable and you get better and better at it. There are some frustrating points, when you are under pressure.....but it´s never unfair and when you start to have a good control over your ship than you can do whatever you want :-)

That´s one thing I really loved about that game, I had the feeling that I can control the ship perfectly....a think that lacked afterwards in Battlemorph. Not that the game wouldn´t be better but I wasn´t that good anymore :-(

peter