IGNORED

New versions available

F.G. Kaal

Fred, I use your program, DM2K whenever I reach for a DM. Question, does it format floppies? Just wondering. And also, I have used it on the Geneve to view a directory, but is there a version just for geneve, outside GPL or TI mode?

Thanks so much for your work in this program. I love it

Edited by GDMike

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

Fred, I use your program, DM2K whenever I reach for a DM. Question, does it format floppies? Just wondering. And also, I have used it on the Geneve to view a directory, but is there a version just for geneve, outside GPL or TI mode?

it does, have you hit h for help? or looked at the website at all?  

the geneve version hasn't been updated in a while.. gdm2k  and doesn't support cru run the TI version in GPL/rompage

17 hours ago, GDMike said:

Hi GDMike, Dm2k can format floppies, just press ctrl-f.

A special (new/updated) version for the Geneve is coming soon, there was a slight delay of 12 years ... I don't know what happened ;-)

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, F.G. Kaal said:

Hi GDMike, Dm2k can format floppies, just press ctrl-f.

A special (new/updated) version for the Geneve is coming soon, there was a slight delay of 12 years ... I don't know what happened ;-)

Ahhh...I was blinded by the light, I guess I just never saw that in the help. Duh... sorry bout that.

Thx for clarifying.

5 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi,

I made a .DSK from the new version, and printed the help pages into a PDF, as I always pinup that to the wall  :)

DM2K_v3.2.dsk (Editor/Assembler -> Option #5 -> DSK1.DM2K )

DM2K_v3.2--Help-Page_1-3.pdf 412.16 kB · 4 downloads

And the song....42 docs printed on the wall, 42 docs printed..pass it around, tadada

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 9640News said:

Well, I went to grab the zip file, and the zip file was not found.  Looks like he has the webpage up, but I guess the program is not ready for release yet.

Beery

Which link did you use ?

This one ? Works.

https://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/dm2k/Files/dm2k_v32.zip

• Confused 1

For all Geneve owners ... there is a Gdm2k available at www.ti99-geek.nl in the projects section. This is a native MDOS version of DM2k but with two file lists. This program is finally finished after a pause of 12 years. Don't ask me what happened ... I guess there was to much fun TI stuff to do ;-)

gdm2k_filelist.gif

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I love this update.  Presently using it to do a complete backup of my HFDC drive to a TIPI path.  It removes my need to use DM2K for the TI-99/4A and the special DSK0 usage.

I'm copying right now my hard drive on one system.  With my other system, I went and tested how many files it would catalog in a TIPI directory with 2800+ files.  It only got 241.  Realistically though, I would manage a directory like that from a Windows share.

I like the way you can tab from the left to the right window.  If you can implement the <PG UP> <PG DN> keys at some point in the future, that would be nice.  

• Like 3

On 3/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, 9640News said:

I love this update.  Presently using it to do a complete backup of my HFDC drive to a TIPI path.  It removes my need to use DM2K for the TI-99/4A and the special DSK0 usage.

I'm copying right now my hard drive on one system.  With my other system, I went and tested how many files it would catalog in a TIPI directory with 2800+ files.  It only got 241.  Realistically though, I would manage a directory like that from a Windows share.

I like the way you can tab from the left to the right window.  If you can implement the <PG UP> <PG DN> keys at some point in the future, that would be nice.  

Do you mean the <ctrl-x>, <ctrl-e> keys (which is allready there) or do you mean the real <PG UP> and <PG DN> keys for that functionality?

btw, just noticed that <PG UP> equals fctn-6 and <PG DN> equals some other fctn-? (4 maybe). May I must get rid of that command (fctn-6) mode and use page-up/page-dn keys for what it says it is.

This version has a 4Kb circulair buffer for storing directory names while copying/moving/deleting files. Let me know if it is enough for letting Gdm2k handle your directory structure ! ... ow ... you allready did I see in the above message. Thanks for montioning it.

Fred ?

Edited by F.G. Kaal

On 3/6/2021 at 11:53 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

Maybe add a warning if GDM2K encounters a folder which exceeds the typical TI file/folder limit? 

Looking forward to trying this on my Geneve :)

I'm complying to the TI maximum of 127 files and 114 sub directories. Must add extra bells and whistles for that. (not impossible though, I add this to the list).

1 hour ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Do you mean the <ctrl-x>, <ctrl-e> keys (which is allready there) or do you mean the real <PG UP> and <PG DN> keys for that functionality?

btw, just noticed that <PG UP> equals fctn-6 and <PG DN> equals some other fctn-? (4 maybe). May I must get rid of that command (fctn-6) mode and use page-up/page-dn keys for what it says it is.

This version has a 4Kb circulair buffer for storing directory names while copying/moving/deleting files. Let me know if it is enough for letting Gdm2k handle your directory structure ! ... ow ... you allready did I see in the above message. Thanks for montioning it.

Fred ?

Yes, your circular buffer seems to be working well.  The <PG UP> and <PG DN> addition would be nice.  Just more natural that way than the CTRL E and CTRL X combo.

• Like 1

Fred,

Gotta say I am loving DM2K for the Geneve even more.  I figured out earlier today, that if I hit <ENTER> where it asks for a default path, it will default to the current path.  Then, I thought wouldn't it be nice if I just entered something like:

DM2K E: J:

And sure enough, you had entered the ability to pass dual paths.  That may be mentioned somewhere, but it's not something I have come across myself.  Anyways, great job on the update!!!!!

Beery

• Like 7

Fred, discovered in the docs the command line passing as I showed above was indeed there.

I did see something I could not find in the Help key press.  I did not see the command to create a directory though I did see it on your website for GDM2K.  I will have to also go back and compare to see if some of the other function key presses are listed as I did not recall seeing the F6 keypress for eXecute File command.  Not quite sure if that launches the current program the cursor is on or it asks for a file until I try it.  Either way, it was not something I recall seeing in the help menu.

Beery

• Like 3

The new DM2K works in the BATcomputer, (NanoPEB, F18A, USB keyboard).

Pleased to report that TI-Dir v8.2a works well in my Win98 system.  Much appreciate being able to run it there.

Only problem is that copying "file.s" to "FILE;S", the computer fills-in FILE but leaves-off the ";S" part.  In my WinXP system it fills-in "FILE;S", so it may be a Win98 thing.  I can live with it!

A more serious problem is that when I copied a blank 400K "floppy" image from a CF to a .dsk file, the resulting image file showed up as a 720 sector image.  This in a Win2000 system; haven't yet set up the Win98 to read CF boards.

K-R.

Edited by Kchula-Rrit
Forgot to add Win2K for reading disk image.

April fool releases:

New version of DM2K v3.3 available

and

New version of GDM2K v3.2 available

also added this version to the Editor/Assembler module EA5 r9

and added this version to the Flashrom/FinalGrom module download.

Added page up/page down keys to Gdm2k. Removed the F6 command mode (clashes with page-up)

Made the functioning of the commands C(opy) / M(ove) / D(elete) in Dm2k simulair to Gdm2k:

Using these functions when no files are selected (with the insert / fctn-2 key) then only to file/directory where the cursor points to is handled.

If one or more files/directories are selected (marked with a + character) then only these files/directories are handled.

The previous version of Dm2k also included the file at the cursor location and I think that this was very confusing.

See www.ti99-geek.nl

enjoy,

Fred ;-)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Fred, we have a weird issue with DU2K or the DSR when running in MAME. Maybe this is also the case on real iron.

@9640News tried to connect two IDE drives and to set up four partitions on each drive. However, DU2K never shows 8 partitions; the 8th one is not accessible. When you remove a partition from drive one, the 4th partition of the second drive is accessible again. When you add a fourth partition to drive 1, the fourth partition of drive 2 disappears again.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, mizapf said:

Fred, we have a weird issue with DU2K or the DSR when running in MAME. Maybe this is also the case on real iron.

@9640News tried to connect two IDE drives and to set up four partitions on each drive. However, DU2K never shows 8 partitions; the 8th one is not accessible. When you remove a partition from drive one, the 4th partition of the second drive is accessible again. When you add a fourth partition to drive 1, the fourth partition of drive 2 disappears again.

I will check this on the real iron ;-)

On 3/31/2021 at 11:18 PM, mizapf said:

After a long and thorough investigation of Du2k of about 5 minutes a came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong wint Du2k.

So guess what !