IGNORED

Comparison of Recently Unearthed C64 Joust Port to 7800

PacBilly

On 4/13/2021 at 12:51 AM, BrianC said:

I found the AC Frogger to be quite a chore with the occasional input drops and odd slowdowns. Definitely like a few of the home ports much better, including Froggie and the supercharger 2600 port. There is a nice bug fix hack of the AC version, though. 

Not sure what my favorite home version of Joust is, but I'm going to test the Lynx, SGB, GBC, NES, SNES, and Genesis versions to see if that going through the gap trick works. 

There was a release of frogger for the C64 a couple of years ago called Frogger Arcade that is absolutely outstanding. Very faithful to the arcade and up there with Frogie for the 7800.

Also, I never liked Frogger that much in the arcade, but I liked it on the home system.  I had a knock-off version for my 64 called Frogee by Commercial Data Systems I liked a lot. Got it on one of those budget disks with several games on it.  Also, the same disk had the Qix knockoff called Stixx by A Tratt that I always really liked. I'm pretty sure to this day, Stixx is still the best version of Qix on the 64.