IGNORED

Anyone here like Jumpman?

Stein

Yeah I've tried it and it's all Jumpman goodness :thumbsup:

Smoooth gameplay!

Anyway, maybe it's me but didn't the original player sprite have more frames of animation when running?

Also, I've found the speed of player's shoot to be a tad too slow but that's probably already known :)

(or maybe again it's my bad memory of the original game!)

I look forward to new releases.. and a complete Jumpman level set! :D

Ciao,

Rasty.-

don't think so, the original jman animation had the same number of frames when running. what's fun is you can draw new gfx and record new sounds for every aspect of the game, so the end result could be entirely different than original. you can see some of the gfx I've messed around with in the Dev Diary section of the site, I've got some problems with the width, what I've done turns out to look like a very skinny jman ;) still kinda fun to see him jumping and running around with a new look.

personally I was never very good at Jman so some people might remember the nuances of the game better than I ;)

not sure about the shot speed, it does seem a little slow, but I don't remember without loading up jman on the 64.

glad you like it! release day was a little slow... Black said he hoped more than 4 people would show up, so between you me and the 4 or 5 other posters on his forum I guess we met the mark :ponder: :P

Stein

btw there is a couple (as in 2 LOL) custom levels done by me and a friend (Apocolypse) available to download from the forum. if enough of a following develops then (hopefully) we should be flooded with custom levels soon :)

Hi Stein!

the original jman animation had the same number of frames when running.

Hmm I think you're definitely right here.. propbably the jerkiness of the c64 version's animation compared to the OpenGL one made me think the animation was different!

what's fun is you can draw new gfx and record new sounds for every aspect of the game, so the end result could be entirely different than original.

Ahh that's cool, I've just checked it out!

I didn't notice it at first...

not sure about the shot speed, it does seem a little slow, but I don't remember without loading up jman on the 64.

Yup I'm not so sure about the shot speed as well, but I don't think you could originally outrun your shots as you do in Jumpman Under Construction... we should check this too on the c64!

glad you like it!

Of course I do! Please keep up the great work!

btw there is a couple (as in 2 LOL) custom levels done by me and a friend (Apocolypse) available to download from the forum. if enough of a following develops then (hopefully) we should be flooded with custom levels soon :)

Thanks, I'll check them!

I'd still love to see the whole Jumpman sr. set of levels thou ;)

Ciao!

Rasty.-

i dont think ive ever played the original jumpman, but my cousin and i play jumpman jr for the atari 800 all the time. still cant get past the blackout stage. have you guys played jman jr and how is it compared to the original?

rasty, dove sei in italia? studiavo a firenze per un semestre quattro mesi fa.

hehe I still need to do quite a bit of work on Jman Sr!

all the credit goes to Black tho ;) he's the guy behind it all happening, I just drew a few things.

I played Jumpman back in the day but never Jr... the black out would be cool, he may do something like that

I played Jumpman back in the day but never Jr...

Same here..! I've got some fond memories of Sr so I truly hope to see it all in Under Construction!

hehe I still need to do quite a bit of work on Jman Sr!

But until now it's great stuff so I'm positive you'll keep the quality level high!

Ciao!

Rasty.-

Hi there!

The level format of Jumpman Lives is quite easy. Maybe you can write a simple conversion program. Even more clever might be to support the format nativly.

Greetings,

Manuel

But a classic game althougher but I wish it had more levels.

Ha! Back in my childhood 30 levels looked like an incredibly huge amount to me!

But I guess we're not so easily impressed anymore :)

Anyway now you can add your own levels!

Regards,

Rasty.-

But a classic game althougher but I wish it had more levels.

Ha! Back in my childhood 30 levels looked like an incredibly huge amount to me!

But I guess we're not so easily impressed anymore :)

Anyway now you can add your own levels!

Regards,

Rasty.-

Jumpman or Jumpman junior didnt have 30 levels as I rememeber. I cant rememeber exactly but something like 15 or so, I believe I recall Jumpman Junior had a few more levels than Jumpman.

But put them both together, well yes you could say 30 levels. :)

(This is according to the c64 version, im yet to play the Atari 800 version as yet).

before long there might be too many levels to play ;)

I don't belive a converter or suport of jml files is really feasable unfortunately, sorry... but that would be for Black to say for sure as he is the not only the main, but 'only' programmer on this project :ponder:

the files are really small so we've been uploading them to the forum, got a good start on the 2nd lvl of donkey kong last nite (rivets) we changed the girders to blue, the ladders to yellow(ish) and drew a fireball bouncing along to use with the robot object (which you can set to move around via waypoints), turned out really cool.

according to the manual jman has thirty levels, easy 1-8, intermediate 9-18 and advanced has 19-30.... play the grand loop and you get all 30 levels in sequence

and the manual on jman jr says it has 12 levels

what we need now is some people to come in and help put em together :)

Stein

hehe the same way I've finished many a classic game ;)  I never had a prayer of figuring out pitfall (among others) without the map LOL

I like to laid all thoose mysterious old classics games to rest and finish em, and clear my mind using emulation Save States.

Those games that kept you up all night, skipped school because of, spraining your wrists and breaking joysticks.