IGNORED

Zepton

Tidus79001

I would love to see Zepton game ported to the Atari Lynx.  It is a retro inspired game made for PICO-8 virtual video game console.  I think the Lynx could handle this game for the most part.  That being said there does are to be are rotation of the background in relations to ship when the ships moves up, down, left or right so it my require making the background more static.  It would also be interesting to see this ported also to the Atari Jaguar and to the Atari 7800 using the XM once that releases.  Such a exciting looking game and it would be inst resting to see how much of it can accomplished on actual retro console hardware.

Edited by Tidus79001
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 3:50 AM, LordKraken said:

Looks like some sort of old style voxel engine (novalogic comanche era) but was probably implemented in a 3d engine.

But a simplified voxel engine could probably work on the lynx, at least as a demo.

Yeah, that is was my thought that a simplified version of it could retain much of what this PICO-8 demo shows.  I would love to have a game like this on the Lynx.  I had never head of PICO-8 before this but think it it brilliant, but still would like to see real retro hardware like the Lynx having a go at games like this.

It seems like you can play the game in your browser at this link  https://chiptune.itch.io/zepton

Comments on the page indicate its a voxel game.  I'd wonder if the lynx resolution is good enough to do some of the things in the game, such as the number indicator counting down how close you are to an enemy.  Also cool, you can shoot the buildings and wipe out voxels they are made from.

Edited by sirlynxalot