IGNORED

PlusCart classic development right on the Atari?

Mr SQL

Idea from seeing Andrews automated build setup for the PlusCart - I wonder if the PlusCart Server could be used to completely automate classic development right on the Atari? 

The TextViewer could allow development via the keypad controllers to type in programs -

A hypothetical PlusCart menu Atari Development On Atari might look something like this: 

Compile with  DASM

Compile with  Batari BASIC

Compile  SuperCharger BASIC

The textviewer already remembers information about text files like what spot you were at, so it could automatically save the file too and then compile it with the selected dev tool and launch it right on the Atari and then when you return to editing it you would be at the same spot. 

Current line number would be a good thing to add to the viewer but it already looks great showing the text files and the ASCII art for the sprites and has a page index.

Both bB and SuperCharger BASIC allow you to use a text editor as an IDE with their ASCII art designers and Assembly could be used too if you don't miss the markup.

That might be possible with the PlusCart and PlusStore, but it would be a lot of work to transform the text file reader into an editor.

And in the end it would still be very uncomfortable to develop ROM with this setup.

I think @Andrew Davie's setup with the nextcloud client, a local folder and the Atari Developer Studio is very good. I would like to try and setup an online IDE like 8bitworkshop with the PlusStore account, then you wouldn't need any local installation..

3 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

That might be possible with the PlusCart and PlusStore, but it would be a lot of work to transform the text file reader into an editor.

And in the end it would still be very uncomfortable to develop ROM with this setup.

I think @Andrew Davie's setup with the nextcloud client, a local folder and the Atari Developer Studio is very good. I would like to try and setup an online IDE like 8bitworkshop with the PlusStore account, then you wouldn't need any local installation..

I like Andrew's idea and will implement it with SuperCharger BASIC IDE -  was just posting an idea for autobooting mode on the other thread.