IGNORED

Sadistroids (was: Asteroids Turbo)

Thomas Jentzsch

Wow, sadistic is right!  Reminds me of the first time I played Asteroids in the arcade with no grasp of the controls ;)

I'd buy this one in cart form...

You can always ask AA to make a cart from it. :)

But maybe you want to wait a little bit. I am currently trying to solve the problem with the missing asteroid (after 15,000 points, when you shoot at 4 large asteroids moving into the same y-direction, the last large one will only create one medium sized asteroid).

Yeah it always amazes me how people would often end up playing the ODD numbered game variation of the original 2600 Asteroids.. I mean that was the most boring one because the asteroids would only travel UP AND DOWN :lol: I guess since it was the default setting (i.e. Game #1) that probably lots of folks weren't aware of the other variations :|

• 1 month later...

Allright! I finally broke out the Cuttle Cart to play this and to me this is the 2600 Asteroids of choice! :D

Can't beat those fast moving asteroids coming at you from all angles... good fun :) Beats the heck out of the old "up/down" stagnant asteroids of the original version.

I got 11,500 on game 10 (Fast Asteroids, shields, extra man at 5k) but I did notice some sound glitches.. especially when using the shield. Still fun though. This one should go in the hacks page before it gets forgotten :D

• 20 years later...