IGNORED

AquaLite 1.11

On 6/30/2021 at 1:27 AM, chjmartin2 said:

The attached program waits for the vertical refresh and toggles between two screens to provide 30 Hz additional colors and a pseudo expanded character set because of temporal blending.  You effectively get 4 colors per 8x8 block instead of two.  Anyway, it runs on Virtual Aquarius perfectly and in sync.  Sadly it does not work with AqEmu at least on my machine.   When I run it and set the emulator to 100% it just seems to be going slow.  Oddly when I completely disable sound it almost works except it skips (for lack of a better term) every second or two.  My computer isn't super new so maybe its just not fast enough?  

I am excited about this emulator because it appears you are working to make it very cycle accurate which for me would be very useful.  I know another person is trying to chase the beam to draw higher resolution effective graphics and I had started work on that but dev was so slow because of having to burn to EEPROMs and insert it into the Super Cart.  Speaking of the Super Cart, if I could ask for a feature I would love to be able to use 1 meg ROMs that are compatible with Super Cart using bankswitching because then I could share some Aquarius "movies" with others for them to run on your emulator.  It also would help with other potential development matching the Super Cart.  I have spent far too long away from my friend the Aquarius.  

xbox360.bin 3.86 kB · 6 downloads

I'm also writing a Linux version of AquaLite, weird thing is this works absolutely perfectly on the Linux version but not on the Windows version despite using exactly the same code.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:56 AM, jaybird3rd said:

(I didn't want to sideline this thread any more, since it's supposed to be a thread about AquaLite and not MAME, so I moved the recent MAME-related posts into an existing thread about Aquarius emulation in MAME.)

Incidentally Jay, do you have a definitive answer for the clock speed of the NTSC machine?

54 minutes ago, Richard Chandler said:

Incidentally Jay, do you have a definitive answer for the clock speed of the NTSC machine?

The most definitive numbers that I have are from the original Technical Specification from Mattel/Radofin:

"The video timing and CPU synchronization are generated by a custom gate array PLA-1 (U7).  The master clock frequency of PLA-1 is 7.15909 MHz and is divided internally in the PLA to provide the 3.579545 MHz CPU clock.  The video scanning rate is one eighth of the master clock frequency."

(I'm sure you already have the archival scans of the Technical Specification and System Description documents that have been floating around for a while now, but I'll attach them here just in case.)

Aquarius - Technical Specification.pdf

Aquarius - System Description.pdf

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Richard Chandler said:

You should unzip AquaLite and the subfolders to a folder. Don't move anything. Config file is missing the 1st time you start AquaLite but it should create one. The 2nd time you run it everything should properly.

i did not touch anything. unzipped everything in a folder. start aqualite once , twice , many times always get the same 2 errors.

9 minutes ago, maniaque said:

i did not touch anything. unzipped everything in a folder. start aqualite once , twice , many times always get the same 2 errors.

I've had issues with this before, try this version. I've also included the entire Aquarius software archive as well.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4VkKtk_3JziRk-si3pvkPJTNej?e=fxzfse

50 minutes ago, Richard Chandler said:

I've had issues with this before, try this version. I've also included the entire Aquarius software archive as well.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar4VkKtk_3JziRk-si3pvkPJTNej?e=fxzfse

sorry i get the same errors  :( i tried 2 different computers and windows 10 and windows 11 also with admin rights. no luck.

Edited by maniaque

3 hours ago, Richard Chandler said:

Bugfixed version. Tested on Windows 10 & Windows 11 machines running a clean install.

AquaLite126d.zip 24.44 MB · 2 downloads

Yep, this one works fine. I'm trying to test the MicroExpander emulation but just after enabling the option the emulator hangs with a MVC++ Debug error ""abort() has been called". Do I need the USB Basic rom placed somewhere?