IGNORED

Series X or S?

Serguei2

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing a Series S "Enhanced Edition" with a disc drive and 1 TB SSD.  Even temporarily until the Series X is in greater supply, though I'm sure the cost to produce and distribute would not make much sense.  It would give die hard Xbox users a compelling choice by filling in some of the gaps between the two current models.  They did offer the prior Xbox One S in both disc and discless variants, although the discless option came much later.

It would fit in nicely between the All Digital S and the hard-to-find Series X. 

Again, as a realist I know it makes no real sense to Microsoft.  But as the X is still overly tough to find, I would welcome it.

That being said, I don't regret upgrading to the Series S.  
It gives me enough of a bump up in terms of performance and especially loading times, that I'm willing to overlook an optical drive.  It's great firing it up for the first time, logging in with your Xbox Account, and finding that all your digital games are right there in your cloud 'attic' just waiting to be re-installed as you see fit.  No faffing around or popping in discs like before.

Edited by Leonard Smith

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, Leonard Smith said:

Still pricey.  That's just over half the price of the actual console.

Kind of puts things into perspective.

Yep, add that to the price of a Series S, and it's over the cost of a Series X plus still no optical drive to play all your disc based Xbox/Xbox 360/One S/X games. 

If you can't find a Series X in stock locally, I'd do an All Access buundle for $35/month for 24 months. It's free money. No interest, and you're not paying more for the Series X console or the Ultimate Game Pass. I have found 25 games I love on GP which would've cost me like $800-$1000 to buy if I didn't have Game Pass.

GF and son have found a lot of games they like on there, too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Leonard Smith said:

I saw some at a Walmart for the first time this morning. 

5 of them right there in the glass case.  

Really?

I only seen them for order online.

I see the white series s in stock regularly.

Walmart used to have the notes up that said the X was online only.

I still don't the PS5s coming in the near future though. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have also seen Xbox Series X in the wild in my area (central Oklahoma). They are definitely becoming more frequent and available~ 

Still have only seen one PS5 in box, and it was gone shortly after. :lol:

That being said, I have now owned both a Series S (sold to a friend) and Series X (bought recently~). Does seem like the Series X works a lot better.

Nothing against the idea that Microsoft had here... but the Series S feels pretty pointless. 

On 9/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, KeeperofLindblum said:

Nothing against the idea that Microsoft had here... but the Series S feels pretty pointless. 

It just wasn’t for you. I have a couple friends that own series S and love it. One guy really only plays Halo. And another guy travels a lot and plays mostly in indie games. Both love it small size and easy to travel with. But as they say to each his own. 
Yeah I’m a series X guy… I have about 30 retail games and a small collection of sci-fi Blu-rays I like to watch on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

S doesn't have a disc drive.

Yup.

2 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

If I lose all my games on the cloud, at least I have backups

How would you lose them? Your games and saves are in the cloud. Oh I see what you’re saying, you’re talking about your physical games. The biggest problem I have with this now is most games you buy physical get so many updates it’s not even the same game after six months to a year. Actually it’s not really a problem it’s just the way Games are developed now. Nothing we can do about it.

• 1 year later...

Years later and now I own both a Series S AND a Series X.  I never planned on buying a Series S, but I actually got it for half off during a sale at Verizon of all places.  Bought the Series X when my original XBox One finally died.

I never thought I'd like gamepass, but now I love it.  I'll probably also buy a PS5 one day when I finally play all of my PS4 backlog.

• Like 1