IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

50 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I picked this one up at a deep discount and... yeah, it didn’t hold my interest either. Nice aesthetic, not very compelling loop to me. It reminded me of ArtStyle Digidrive and Burnout Crash! but without the addictiveness. It seems like a good game, I just may have been in the wrong mood for it the times I’ve played it.

lol that's not very promising. In my case, it was basically free, but I'll have to put some time into it to see. It might be one of those games that's more fun in multiplayer than in single player. I'll have to try multiplayer when I get a chance.

Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC) 1368 mins 

I beat the game!

1460557588_RahimusofFireAscended.thumb.jpg.35b628ce5d3d6434f84637c8f0f84680.jpg

Spoiler

I ascended as the Divine. My ending wasn't the best for all the races my character's race prospered and the world did not end. Sounds good enough to me. XD

Dungeon of Dragonknight (PC) 61 mins -  A dungeon crawler game similar to the Legend of Grimrock but at lot cheaper. A bit rough around the edges but at least my entire party can be anthro dragons though there's no character models for them.

Dungeon Punks (PC) 53 mins - A hybrid beat 'em up/RPG game. You can play as a lizardman so I love it.

Dungeon Lords (PC) 336 mins - An old 3D RPG from 2005 that I bought since you can play as a lizard in it. It's not aged too well but still fun enough. It could use some direction though as places are not labeled on your map so it can be hard to tell where you are supposed to go.

Dragon Bros (PC) 112 mins - A side scrolling shooter where you play as anthro dragons. I love it. It also has some mechanics tied to the music which is interesting.

• Like 2

X360

Globe Clicker 28

Xbox One

Battlefield 1 111

Doom Eternal 307

Globe Clicker is an XBL Indie game that I bought years ago for like $0.99.  Still kinda fun years later.  I also tried to play Doom Eternal, but I don't think I'm going to finish it.  Didn't like it as much as Doom 2016.  Instead, I moved on to Battlefield 1 which I have a physical copy of that I think I paid less than $5 for.   Anyway, I played Wings for all those hours, I thought I'd dip into another WWI game.

• Like 1

Xbox One

Battlefield 5: 102 minutes

PUBG: 210 minutes

RBI Baseball 20: 51 minutes

Xbox 360

Oblivion: 95 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Mahjong: 300 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 142 minutes

Edited by StormSurge
filed Oblivion under Xbox One (that's how I played it) but it's a 360 game
  • Like 1

PC

RimWorld (3234 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (268 min)

I'm in the endgame of my RW campaign.  Hoo boy, what a ride.  I have to protect the Empire's visiting Autarch for 2 weeks and everyone that hates the Empire wants to come and kill him. Pretty nerve-wracking last night getting hit over and over by different raids and attacks. The worst mechanoid attack happened at the same time some infected ship chunks landed outside my base, so I shelled them to awaken the bugs and they helped me out with the bots, and when they started coming after me, and allied tribe came and mopped them up for me.  Full hospital and a ton of construction that didn't quite get done before another mech ship landed.  EMP shells helped me though that one and now another tribal raid has shown up. 4 days to go, so I think I'll make it, but we'll see.

And while I thought I might want to move to something new after this, now I want to try playing with a lost tribe with fire instead of electricity for energy and sharpened sticks instead of guns for weapons to start. Boreal forest mountain region, maybe. This game is cool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC) 1368 mins 

I beat the game!

In case it wasn't obvious, I've been tracking Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition separately, of which you've been playing the later in the last few weeks. I suppose it was the one you played this time around as well, or maybe the two are so alike that they ought to be combined?

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

In case it wasn't obvious, I've been tracking Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition separately, of which you've been playing the later in the last few weeks. I suppose it was the one you played this time around as well, or maybe the two are so alike that they ought to be combined?

Derp it is DE. Also you can't even buy the original version anymore.

• Like 1

No Sega around here this week, both because I'm totally stuck on a boss I can't beat in Lunar: Eternal Blue and because we got something super cool in the mail! After 3 months of waiting we finally got our XStation ODE modded original PlayStation in the mail from https://www.powrupgaming.com and wowie zowie is this thing ever cool! They did a great job on the installation and it's seriously awesome to be able to play the entire PS1 game library off an SD card on original hardware and not have to worry about discs dying of bit rot or the astronomical prices of PS1 games anymore. They were also nice enough to include a near mint condition original DualShock controller with the system, which is pretty sweet since I didn't have a DualShock for the PS1 yet and I don't think I've ever seen one in this nice shape in the wild. For my gaming time this past week I've been playing through the original Tomb Raider on the PlayStation, and the misses has been playing Resident Evil 2. At this point I've only got 3 levels left to go in Tomb Raider so I should wrap it up early this coming week, and the spousal unit is just starting the second scenario in Resident Evil 2 so she'll probably wrap her game up this week too. I also put a little more time into Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour on the Switch, but the excitement of having every original PlayStation game at my fingertips is still going strong so I imagine there will be a lot of PS1 time around here in the coming weeks... unless I can convince myself to do hours of level grinding in Lunar: Eternal Blue on the Sega CD that is, which may or may not happen. :lolblue:

PS1XStation.thumb.JPG.2d4514b5ee0c93cca2499dd323b4762a.JPG

Ineligible

Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation) - 315 minutes

Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 842 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - 160 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,317 minutes (21 hours 57 minutes) [160 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

PlayStation: 1,157 mintues

Nintendo Switch: 160 minutes

• Like 3

Week 10

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 3234 min. (#2)
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 1760 min.
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition (PC) - 1368 min. (#1)
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 913 min. (#3)
5. Dungeon Lords (PC) - 336 min.
6. DOOM Eternal (Xbox One) - 307 min.
7. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 300 min. (#8)
8. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 299 min. (#4)
9. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 268 min. (#7)
10. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 210 min. (#5)

Top systems

1. PC - 5164 min. (#1)
2. PS4 - 2673 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 781 min. (#5)
4. iOS - 442 min. (#4)
5. Browser based - 299 min. (#3)
6. Oculus Quest - 268 min. (#6)
7. DS - 195 min. (#8)
8. Switch - 163 min. (#11)
9. Xbox 360 - 123 min.

Total 10108 minutes and 22 different games on 9 different systems.

The order at the top is shifted around, as RimWorld returns into #1 by a margin of 24.5 hours ahead of Kangokutuo Mary Skelter Finale and the others following. The PC platform still is the most played (51%) with most of the other systems following.

On the all-time stats, RimWorld moves from #10 to #7, though it has another ~8000-9000 minutes before it reaches the next couple of games (Borderlands 3/XB1 and Zelda: BotW/Switch). Of course the top two games still are PUBG (87662) and CoD Modern Warfare (46521), both on Xbox One.

• Like 3

Another week with little to play on “modern” systems.

Switch:

Bit Trip Beat (bought for the fourth time, still great): 25 minutes

DS:

Retro Game Challenge 2 - 240 minutes

Some hard daily challenges this week plus finishing the challenges for Guadia Quest Saga and spending a lot of wind-down time with Triotos and Triotos DX brought up the number a lot. I think Super Demon Returns is the last game in the game, but the challenges and finishing the text adventure and GQS will probably keep me playing it for a while to come.

• Like 1

Sonic Mania is so awesome that I played it 3 times on 2 different systems this time. I have to go set up my Saturn so I can get my time for Dracula X for the old games tracker, but I'm lazy and I don't want to do it right now~ I normally work on Saturdays, but not this time, as it was a holiday, so I got a little bit more time than usual this week.

Switch
Cotton Reboot! - 26
Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S - 41
Sonic Mania - 109
Urban Flow - 3

I tried this game some more and... yeah. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't pay too much for it.

PC
Sonic Mania - 220

PS4
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 2538

I don't remember playing this game this much, but apparently I did. Almost done; 2.5 floors left in the final dungeon and then the last boss and the ending, which I believe was somewhere between 2 to 4 hours of talking, including the time it takes to fight the final boss. Will finish the game today for sure.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Here are my times for this past week (March 15th through 21st) on modern systems:

Browser based:

Forge of empires - 142 minutes in 10 sessions

I continued to play Forge of Empires, and this time I managed to cut down on sessions and session times considerably, such as at least the average session time is not much over the target maximum time.

I played Puzzled, a Neo Geo based game from SNK which is close to Tetris, but with some changes... if you complete a line, each column of lines falls individually so no gaps stay.And the aim is to free a balloon trapped at the bottom of the screen. But the game already gets pretty hard by the 7th or 8th level, which is pretty much what I managed to do back in the day in arcades as well.

• Like 1

PC

Among Us (183 min)

RimWorld (2599 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (287 min)

Played a bit of Among Us with my socially distanced friends this weekend. Probably do some more on the long weekend after the new Airship map update comes out.

And I followed through with my threat after finishing the RimWorld game by restarting with a Lost Tribe start in a mountainous boreal forest biome.  One of the random colonists I started with was not tribal, but an 8-year-old Empire psychic knight with 2 bionic eyes, stoneskin implant, and prestige cataphract armor (aka, the best hi-tech armor in the game). But aside from being 8, he also had an death acidifier (destroys all equipment on death), and a royal jelly addiction (royal jelly being a narcotic substance you can get by destroying insectoid hives).

So that was a boost in a game I thought was going to be pretty tough, made tough by a couple insectoid hives in caves on the map that I was not going to be able to deal with with my stone age weaponry (yeah, the kid got the awesome armor, but was stuck with a club, like the rest of the tribe), but his knight status got some perks and I was able to call for some extra food and an Empire troop squad to "help" take care of the insectoid hives.

Then, when everyone went to sleep in the makeshift cave home I rigged up quickly, I found out what royal jelly withdrawal does...the kid morphed during the night into a megaspider (one of the tougher insectoids). His human body "died", so because of the death acidifier, so did his armor (I gave the helmet and his shield belt to others to spread out the protection, thank goodness). So that sucked, but he remained as a pet, at least until he became wild because none of my remaining colonists were good with training animals, and I eventually needed to kill him.

So it was nice to have a bit of armor, some food, and the hives taken care of, but after that, I only had 4 starting tribespeople. Haha. And it's been a struggle with the cold biome and people getting stir crazy living underground. And carving out the mountain takes a lot of advanced planning and 2.5 game years in, and I'm still mining out the rooms and I've got a lot of piles of sandstone lying around (which makes people cranky due to ugliness). Being tribal, advanced tech takes a lot longer to research (I had to store my food outside the first winter while I raced to research both electricity and cooling) and my weaponry is all stolen from dead raider bodies. And travel is tough, being in the mountains with snow most of the year.  So, both frustrating and fun.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, jgkspsx said:

Another week with little to play on “modern” systems.

Switch:

Bit Trip Beat (bought for the fourth time, still great): 25 minutes

DS:

Retro Game Challenge 2 - 240 minutes

Some hard daily challenges this week plus finishing the challenges for Guadia Quest Saga and spending a lot of wind-down time with Triotos and Triotos DX brought up the number a lot. I think Super Demon Returns is the last game in the game, but the challenges and finishing the text adventure and GQS will probably keep me playing it for a while to come.

I played the original not too long ago and really enjoyed it.  I didn't think the sequel got a US release.  Are you playing a Japanese version?  I'd really be interested in getting a copy or maybe playing it on a flash cart or something.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I played the original not too long ago and really enjoyed it.  I didn't think the sequel got a US release.  Are you playing a Japanese version?  I'd really be interested in getting a copy or maybe playing it on a flash cart or something.

I’m playing the fan translation. It’s not quite as good a translation as the first game (or maybe the Arino Detective game just isn’t that good) but many of the games are as good as the first or better, and there are standins for the TG16, the MSX, and the Game Boy/Color. 

One of the best games for the system, mostly due to the Brain Age-style daily challenges, which take a while to ramp up in challenge but 120-some days in are pretty reliably challenging and sometimes require two or three attempts. I don’t think the first game had those, and many of the first game’s games are featured in remixes/“ports” to other systems/caravan modes, so it’s awesome to revisit Haggleman and Star Prince and just as frustratingly addictive to revisit the rally racing game.

I hear the third installment for the 3DS is terrible, sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I’m playing the fan translation. It’s not quite as good a translation as the first game (or maybe the Arino Detective game just isn’t that good) but many of the games are as good as the first or better, and there are standins for the TG16, the MSX, and the Game Boy/Color. 

One of the best games for the system, mostly due to the Brain Age-style daily challenges, which take a while to ramp up in challenge but 120-some days in are pretty reliably challenging and sometimes require two or three attempts. I don’t think the first game had those, and many of the first game’s games are featured in remixes/“ports” to other systems/caravan modes, so it’s awesome to revisit Haggleman and Star Prince and just as frustratingly addictive to revisit the rally racing game.

I hear the third installment for the 3DS is terrible, sadly.

Are you playing in emulation?  Flash cart?  Can you give me a hint where I might find such a fan translation?

Week 11

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 2599 min. (#1)
2. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 2538 min. (#2)
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 602 min. (#10)
4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 287 min. (#9)
5. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 256 min. (#7)
6. Retro Game Challenge 2 (GameCenter CX 2) (DS) - 240 min.
7. Sonic Mania (PC) - 220 min.
8. Call of Duty: Warzone (Xbox One) - 197 min.
9. Among Us (PC) - 183 min.
10. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 142 min. (#8)

Top systems

1. PC - 3127 min. (#1)
2. PS4 - 2538 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 994 min. (#3)
4. iOS - 287 min. (#4)
4. Oculus Quest - 287 min. (#6)
6. DS - 240 min. (#7)
7. Switch - 204 min. (#8)
8. Browser based - 142 min. (#5)
9. Xbox 360 - 45 min. (#9)
10. Wii - 18 min.
11. GBA - 5 min.

Total 7887 minutes and 23 different games on 11 different systems.

The top duo RimWorld and Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale are the same as last week, though the difference between them has dropped from 1474 minutes to only 61 minutes apart. Something similar could be said about the top systems, though the PC has a few more entries which puts it ahead of the PS4. The 5 min GBA were listed in the classic tracker and moved here.

In other news, this tracker exceeds 100,000 minutes for the year (105,317). In comparison to previous years, it has never reached this number as soon:

Week 11, 2018: 40,664 min

Week 11, 2019: 69,598 min

Week 11, 2020: 95,326 min

• Like 4

Well, this was an interesting week for me on this side.

PS4
5toubun no Hanayome∬ ~Natsu no Omoide mo 5toubun~ - 232

I have been reading the manga for the first time (in Japanese and in color, for that matter. I didn't know that there was manga in full color until I found it in the bookstore by my house), so I decided to get the game as well, as it released on the 25th. It's okay. Need to spend more time with it, but it looks like I might actually be at the 2/3 point or so already. Don't ask how to read the ∬ thingy, as nobody seems to know. "Double integral" seems to be what most people are going with. As for the use of the 5 instead of rendering it as "go" instead, that's how it's written in the manga's title pages and it does actually show up that way in the game itself as well, so that's what I'm going with, I guess.
Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 409

The story ends once again. Ending only took 133 minutes including the final boss, but I decided not to watch a lot of the optional post-final boss scenes and just get right to the ending.
Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! - 235

I've been wanting a Love Live! game for years and I finally have it... but it literally has about $600 of DLC, most of it being the actual game itself, so screw that. Also, yes, there is no space between the ! and the H in Home for some reason. That's just how it is. I wonder if this game has the longest title that's been entered in the tracker...

Switch
Flowers -Les quatre saisons- - 43

I forget what I entered this as last time, so I'll just use the French subtitle on the front of the box instead of the Japanese title (Flowers Shiki) since it's easier that way. All of my reading practice has made it so I think I can finally play this in Japanese, so hopefully I won't get discouraged and give up again, but the kanji in this game is absolutely ridiculous.

Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale - 526

I started a challenge run on the Switch. I still haven't decided what rules I will follow, but I'm really not feeling it right now, as I'm fairly burned out, so I think there's a fairly good chance that I will drop the game and try doing a challenge run in the future instead. I will say that I forgot how the Switch version looks super ugly and runs very poorly compared to the PS4 version. The Switch version of Mary Skelter 2 runs way better than the PS4 version of 2, so this is very disappointing.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Here are my times for this last week (March 22th through 28th, 2021) on modern systems:

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 98 minutes in 7 days

This week I continued playing Forge of Empires where I exactly met the intended maximum session time of 14 minutes as an average time. Nothing special here except that I completed the Viking town and started the Egyptians, and a new spring event has started.

• Like 1

This week was nothing but:

DS:

Retro Game Challenge 2: 120 min

Finished the stock challenges for Super Demon Returns. It was indeed the last game. I am now on the "boss gauntlet" challenges. The very first one asks me to get further into WizMan than I've ever gotten before. I think I can do it...

Also played a lot of Triotos DX and finished the challenge mode today. Challenge mode is easier in DX (e.g. the SNES-like version) than it is in the original (Game Boy) version. Sad. On the plus side it has Haggleman characters.

4D40D44E-B450-4D63-8A05-2B4CDDAB8FB5.thumb.jpeg.991b30f71a709fb9deeb8a2be9a34ecb.jpeg

The daily challenges this week have mostly been pretty quick. There was a Star Prince SA challenge that took me four attempts, though. I wonder if there will be any Triotos DX or Super Demon Returns challenges.

• Like 2