IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

PC

RimWorld (1801 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (293 min)

Still playing RW, though I'm out of the obsessed phase, thankfully.  But still working on the mountain base, which I wanted to move completely underground (aside from the heavily fortified entrance) when I first planned it out, but I need the power from my waterwheel generators and keeping a small meadow area with grass and hay for the animals is nice, so I've got small outdoor "alcoves" on either side of the entrance.  Also, having outdoor entertainment options is good for most of the colonists who get cranky if they stay underground for too long.

Definitely not "Neolithic tribal" anymore, with my lightbulbs and gun turrets, but it's taken a lot longer to get there, and I'm still missing a lot of amenities you start with, or easily acquire, normally. Still trying to figure out what my endgame goal will be, but I may need to go Empire again, as building my own spaceship to escape the planet would be difficult for this run...

• Like 2

Week 12

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 1801 min. (#1)
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 609 min. (#3)
3. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (Switch) - 526 min.
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - 409 min. (#2)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 293 min. (#4)
6. Love Live! School Idol Festival: after school ACTIVITY - Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!!  (PS4) - 235 min.
7. 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬: Natsu no Omoide mo 5-toubun (PS4) - 232 min.
8. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 142 min. (#5)
9. Retro Game Challenge 2 (GameCenter CX 2) (DS) - 120 min. (#6)
10. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 98 min. (#10)

Top systems

1. PC - 1801 min. (#1)
2. PS4 - 876 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 678 min. (#3)
4. Switch - 569 min. (#7)
5. Oculus Quest - 293 min. (#4)
6. iOS - 169 min. (#4)
7. DS - 120 min. (#6)
8. Browser based - 98 min. (#8)

Total 4604 minutes and 14 different games on 8 different systems.

The participation slows down a little this week, but RimWorld remains as #1 by a margin of almost 200% more minutes than #2 PUBG. Despite being the only game for its system, RimWorld also helps the PC take the systems title ahead of a combination of PS4 games, many Japanese oriented.

Kangokutou Mary Skelter Finale on the PS4 becomes the 13th game to exceed 10K minutes (10261 min) though the Switch version extends its internal lead (10915 min) slightly.

• Like 2

Busy with work this week and spent very little time with modern games this time. As I mentioned over in the other tracker, I'll just post a bit early and go to sleep.

PS4
5toubun no Hanayome ∬ ~Natsu no Omoide mo 5toubun~ - 260
R-TYPE FINAL 2 Demo (demo) - 12

Switch
R-TYPE FINAL 2 Demo (demo) - 12

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (March 29th through April 4th) on modern systems:

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 8 min.

As you may notice, the number and length of sessions on this game has greatly diminished. I guess I'm getting tired of it after playing it every day for about 2 months. To play it in a sensible way, I would have to invest more time, but that would take away too much time for other things I want to do.

• Like 1

DS:

Retro Game Challenge 2 - 150 minutes

409DBF6F-ECF2-45BB-80DA-9D0D87C973DB.thumb.jpeg.6b538802795093a062ba0fcbbe0a3d5f.jpeg490D038B-B276-4D9F-BD8F-407EDA957325.thumb.jpeg.f32075065a475d1d6b33633a7e5e72b1.jpeg

Finished the main challenges. The final final challenge is beating every game, which is gonna take a while. I beat Triotos Vs Mode and am trying to finish the Arino Detective game.

Retro Game Challenge - 10 minutes 

Got the original out to test my memory. I forgot there was so much Haggleman.

• Like 3

Xbox One

Ori & The Blind Forest (Definitive Edition): 51 minutes

PUBG: 612 minutes

Xbox 360

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7: 1,289 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Mahjong: 213 minutes

Pop! Blitz: 28 minutes

Almost six years after earning my first achievement in Lego HP Years 5-7, I finally took the time this weekend to earn the rest and finish the game for good.

• Like 2

PC

RimWorld (2745 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (423 min)

Lots of time off last week, so the gaming minutes got a boost. The RW game continues. I've been nearly wiped out twice, once by stubborn mechanoids where I lost a couple colonists, and yesterday a fight with a huge mob of elite soldiers that were too smart to march into my killzone entrance, so I had to trade fire out in the open against their superior weapons. Luckily they split up going around my base to find a weak spot, so I could concentrate my forces on just part of their force. Filled the hospital, but everyone pulled through and I've upgraded the kit by looting the attackers. Still really enjoying this game, but looking forward to moving on to something else when this game finishes.

• Like 2

Week 13

Top games

1. RimWorld (PC) - 2745 min. (#1)
2. Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Xbox 360) - 1289 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 612 min. (#2)
4. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 423 min. (#5)
5. 5-toubun no Hanayome ∫∫: Natsu no Omoide mo 5-toubun (PS4) - 260 min. (#7)
6. Microsoft Mahjong (iOS) - 213 min. (#8)
7. 2048  (Browser based) - 170 min.
8. Retro Game Challenge 2 (GameCenter CX 2) (DS) - 150 min. (#9)
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) - 124 min.
10. Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) - 117 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 2745 min. (#1)
2. Xbox 360 - 1289 min.
3. Xbox One - 663 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 423 min. (#5)
5. Switch - 307 min. (#4)
6. iOS - 291 min. (#6)
7. PS4 - 272 min. (#2)
8. Browser based - 178 min. (#8)
9. DS - 160 min. (#7)
10. GBA - 45 min.

Total 6403 minutes and 23 different games on 11 different systems.

RimWorld remains for the fourth consecutive week as the most played game, more than twice the second played Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. No Mary Skelter this week, but a different double integral which Emacs likes much better to process than the old one. (No worries if you don't understand)

Systems wise the PC platform only thanks to RimWorld takes the title again, and that concludes the results for this week.

• Like 4

Due to a large quantity of medically motivated downtime this week, I played a lot of games. I am taking tomorrow off from gaming, so here are my stats as of now:

Switch:

Pac Man 99 - 10 minutes (not really feeling this so far, but then I barely played Mario 99)

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - 150 minutes (man, what a great game, I can’t believe I forgot to get a physical copy)

Xbox 360:

Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour - 15 minutes (just to prove to my wife that it existed)

3DS:

Steel Empire - 30 minutes

FutUridium - 15 minutes (behind-the-ship homage to Uridium, kind of like the Atari 2600 version of Zaxxon in 3D but IMO more fun)

Siesta Fiesta - 10 minutes

80’s Overdrive - 15 minutes

Pirate Pop Plus - 10 minutes

Love Hero - 10 minutes

And many more for less than ten minutes just to jog my memories for this thread: 

DS:

Retro Game Challenge 2 - 210 minutes (finished the first half of the Arino Detective game, which I had erroneously thought I’d already finished, and GunDuel, twice. Fruitlessly tried to beat WizMan over and over, including using the cheat code to skip to the last boss which annihilated me every time. Not sure I am ever going to do it. Some really hard challenges this week as I near 20000 total points, including “shoot 400 enemies in GunDuel” which I finished the game without doing)

GBA:

Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever - 25 minutes (not to be confused with simply Ecks vs Sever; this is the sequel to that)

Racing Fever - 25 minutes (first GBA game on Evercade)

• Like 3

So yeah, I played UT Game of the Year Edition. Yay, I guess.

PC
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition - 25

All of my other time this week went into the awesome Thunder Force series, but unfortunately Thunder Force VI on the PS2 was not included because I don't have that one. From what I have heard, I am not missing anything special at all, however, but it will be showing up here in a few weeks if I can find a copy.

• Like 2

Dedicated Handheld 

TMNT Pinball 4 

Wii 

Boom Blox 60 

Pirates Plundarrr 114 

Warioland Shake It! 14 

X360 

Portal 90 

Xbox 

Fusion Frenzy 61 

Xbox One 

Human Fall Flat 92 

Jeopardy 16 

Lonely Mountains Downhill 23 

Minecraft Dungeons 55 

Ori a.t. Will o the Wisps 30 

Totally Reliable Delivery Service 100 

Wheel of Fortune 87 

My niece and nephew came and stayed with us for 3 nights this week, so a lot of my modern gaming choices were influenced by wanting to play games with them and my wife.

• Like 3

Another pretty active week for gaming around here this past week, with a big return to the Switch for me after a month or so of retro gaming. The game that drew me back in was the recently released Pac-Man 99, and holy heck what a fun game that is! It took a few hours of practice and figuring out all the game mechanics but I'm taking first place about one out of every 3 or 4 games now and just having a ton of fun playing it. It's by far the most enjoyable and addictive battle royale style game I've ever played, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with the Switch! I also got back into Animal Crossing: New Horizons after a good 6 month absence, which has been really nice to pick up and play again. As far as retro gaming goes I just played a buncha different games on the MVSX whenever I had a few minutes here and there. A few Pac-Man variants, some Space Invaders, a handful of levels in Splatterhouse, and (what the machine was actually intended for) quite a few Neo Geo games as well. I tried Windjammers for the first time this past week and for what amounts to a relatively simple pong/tennis type game it was incredibly fun and engrossing! I sunk a good hour and a half into it before finally beating the game, and I'm sure I'll return to play it again many more times in the future. As far as the misses' gaming time this past week went, aside from a couple games of Pac-Man she focused all her gaming time on Castlevania: Symphony for the Night on the PlayStation and is about halfway done with the game at this point I think. 

Now that I've finished this week's gaming wrap up, time to get back to Pac-Man 99! :D

EycSh0GWgAASvwF.thumb.jpeg.b80fa005bb26bc6b711e07d44285674e.jpeg

Ineligible

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PlayStation) - 338 minutes

Cyber-Lip (Neo Geo MVS/AES) - 10 minutes

Neo Turf Masters (Neo Geo MVS/AES) - 8 minutes

Pac-Man (Arcade) - 28 minutes

Pac-Mania (Arcade) - 15 minutes 

Pac-Man Plus (Arcade) - 28 minutes

Samurai Shodown II (Neo Geo MVS/AES) - 61 minutes

Space Invaders DX (Arcade) - 22 minutes

Splatterhouse (Arcade) - 42 minutes

Windjammers (Neo Geo MVS/AES) - 90 minutes