IGNORED

Bruce LEE

Joe C.

Does anyone play the game "Bruce Lee". I can't figure out how to pass this one dammmn level (or I guees it would be considered a room). the 7th. room. There are 2 diamonds to get, after I grab them both, nothing happens - nowhere to go - no doors open - I go back on the bottom of room 6 and the passage way on the bottom left doesn't open either. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, (or not doing).

I love playing this game on the C64, and I was actually fairly good at it. I don't recall any level that really stumped me, I usually ended up dying because I jumped and hit the ceiling/wall strangely and fell into something.

I'm not entirely sure which screen you're talking about, but you might find your answer in this FAQ over at GameFAQs. Look carefully for the things you have to get... in a number of the levels, they blend into the scenery fairly well, and look like parts of the ceiling or whatever. In a LOT of the screens too, you must be careful about what order you grab things in, since there aren't always ladders to get back to the top of the level if you drop down a hole.

--Zero

I'm not entirely sure which screen you're talking about, but you might find your answer in this FAQ over at GameFAQs. Look carefully for the things you have to get... in a number of the levels, they blend into the scenery fairly well, and look like parts of the ceiling or whatever. In a LOT of the screens too, you must be careful about what order you grab things in, since there aren't always ladders to get back to the top of the level if you drop down a hole.

--Zero

I read the guide through level 7, did as it said, and supposedly the middle door should open when you get all the lanterns, yet it stays shut. :( :x :?

I read the guide through level 7, did as it said, and supposedly the middle door should open when you get all the lanterns, yet it stays shut.  :(  :x  :?

Also when I go back to room 6 after getting all the lanterns, then go back to room 7 the right lantern re-appears and keeps doing so when i leave and come back? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Anyone have an answer to this mystery :?:

I used to love playing that game on my Atari 800XL. I remember beating that game a few times but there was a pattern that had to be learned on how to proceed on certain boards.

I can't help you since I no longer have that game or an Atari 800XL for that matter (emulation doesn't count).

Conan didn't use the same game engine as Bruce Lee...

Bruce Lee is Mode D with hardware sprites, Conan is totally Antic E with software sprites, it also runs at a much lower framerate than Bruce Lee.

Conan was originally an Apple II game that Ron Fortier converted to C64 and A8, Bruce Lee was an A8 original...

sTeVE

Joe, a screenshot or a better description of the room you're stuck in would help. By my count, the 7th screen is one of the red rooms and if you grab all the crystals/lanterns it's easy to clear. Let me know if one of these rooms is the one :)

post-1503-1060891806_thumb.png

post-1503-1060891807_thumb.png

post-1503-1060891808_thumb.png

Well the first blue screen is the end of the level :)

The 2nd screen (red room with four conveyor belts), you need to get the first crystal in the lower left hand side, that opens the room to your left. Go in there, you're in the lower part of the screen, dodge the white spikes and get the crystal at the far left side of the screen. That opens up the middle belts in the first room. Go right back into the room, up the belts, get both middle crystals. That opens up the gate to the right hand side of the room to get the last crystal. And you can go from there.

I think there's something wrong with my copy of the game  :?

After reading your original post again, I was wondering the same thing :?

Hopefully, my instructions can work for you, I played the game a few times through today :)

I have a lot of good memories associated with Bruce Lee. Me and my friends spent hours with the C64 version. The two player mode was a blast. I loved playing the Green Yamo and smacking Bruce into some nearby spikes. :D

Mark Rosten's remake for PC's is pretty cool. This thread has made me want to fire that program up again and see how far I can progress.

Im very much of an expert on the C64 version.

Playing it so much in the past as made it way too easy to go thur.

2 Players simulousately makes it even easily providing the Green Ninja you control is on your side and both attack the black ninja when it gets in the way. :D