IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew Games Completed/WIP in 2021

5 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Hi James!  We just made it under the wire, but Lady Bug Arcade has been completed in 2021. :)   If all goes well with Al tonight, it should also see a physical release in the AA store. ;)  

Happy New Year! :D 

Oh yeah!  Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Hi James!  We just made it under the wire, but Lady Bug Arcade has been completed in 2021. :)   If all goes well with Al tonight, it should also see a physical release in the AA store. ;)  

Happy New Year! :D 

19 hours ago, Albert said:

Phew, just in time for 2021 entries! Congratulations on both of your hard work for getting it all done and up before year end! I'll be adding all the Physical Releases to the list today and double checking for WIP/Completed/Physical Release games that posted before midnight (PT) for 2021!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE ATARIAGE COMMUNITY!

- James

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Added to Physical Release:

• Escape From The Castle (?K) by Eduardo Vilarinho | No Video / No Public Binary | Physical Release: Dec 31, 2021 (Pre-Order) | Note: Completed in 2021 without Public Binary/Video | Updated: Jan 1, 2022 [ref]

Moved to Physical Release:

Updated Physical Release:

Updated WIP:

• Like 1

LAST CALL for 2021!

I believe that all the games that were physically released, completed or had an updated WIP in 2021 have been accounted for! The cut off for being on this list was 11:59:59PM PT Dec 31, 2021. Please let me know if there are missing or inaccurate listings or if there is additional credit needed for a game that isn't there. Thank you all for your help in making this list as accurate and up to date as possible and catching errors when they appeared! ?

All the games from 2021 will now be processed for eligibility for the 4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards and any new games this year will be added to the 2022 list! Happy New Year!

- James

• Like 1

Moved to Physical Release:

• 6 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 2:19 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

LAST CALL for 2021!

I believe that all the games that were physically released, completed or had an updated WIP in 2021 have been accounted for! The cut off for being on this list was 11:59:59PM PT Dec 31, 2021. Please let me know if there are missing or inaccurate listings or if there is additional credit needed for a game that isn't there. Thank you all for your help in making this list as accurate and up to date as possible and catching errors when they appeared! ?

All the games from 2021 will now be processed for eligibility for the 4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards and any new games this year will be added to the 2022 list! Happy New Year!

- James

Is 'Orbital War' on your list?

2 hours ago, Phobos867 said:

Anyone have the binary of "Alien Exterminator" by nintenJo and JO6502? The link seems to be dead. ?

It appears they have removed all the links and binaries to their games on itch.io, they may not want people to download them any more, but their YouTube channel is still up.

I'm not sure it's ethical to distributing binaries for developers who have voluntarily removed their games from public download. You may want to contact them directly via email, their email address is accessible through their YouTube channel.

- James

10 minutes ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

I stumbled over this today...

02E26AF9-224B-4F87-8965-BDDC2123A358.jpeg

Ah yes, I was thinking this is something that I missed from 2021 as this is the 2021 thread, my mistake.

I haven't added it to the 2022 list yet as it hasn't yet been shipped, there's no binary and there's no video footage of the game. Once one of those qualifying things happens it will be added to the Atari 2600 2022 list. ?

- James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Ah yes, I was thinking this is something that I missed from 2021 as this is the 2021 thread, my mistake.

I haven't added it to the 2022 list yet as it hasn't yet been shipped, there's no binary and there's no video footage of the game. Once one of those qualifying things happens it will be added to the Atari 2600 2022 list. ?

- James

I don't understand this release. Did I miss something?

No demo, no screenshots, no video, no worthwhile gameplay description, and no unveiling on ZPH (A YouTube channel physically playing a game can act as a standalone introduction and substitute for other media).

To be perfectly honest, this reminds me of Nothing But Trouble hitting theatres with no critic screenings or a Carrot Top movie going direct to video. I feel like the dev doesn't want me to know what the game is like. 

Never good. I am not the only one that will feel this way. I'm just the one that said it out loud.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, orange808 said:

No demo, no screenshots, no video, no worthwhile gameplay description, and no unveiling on ZPH (A YouTube channel physically playing a game can act as a standalone introduction and substitute for other media).

They've only recently announced the game publicly and Leandro has released a number of games in the past (including ZPH: The Game and the Zarkstars Trilogy) so I don't think there's any reason to worry.

The game looks very interesting being part board game part video game, looking forward to more details as they release it.

- James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 12:28 AM, orange808 said:

I don't understand this release. Did I miss something?

To be perfectly honest, this reminds me of Nothing But Trouble hitting theatres with no critic screenings or a Carrot Top movie going direct to video. I feel like the dev doesn't want me to know what the game is like. 

Never good. I am not the only one that will feel this way. I'm just the one that said it out loud.

Hi orange808!
I just saw this post today.

Here is the post with the video and content regarding the game: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/338129-orbital-war-2600

I hope you enjoy.

Cheers!
Leandro Camara

• Like 1