IGNORED

Working with Fujinet disks from BASIC.

kensu

I just got a Fujinet and can't figure out to load or save basic programs to the emulated disk drive. 

Here is what I tried:

1. Created a new disk image in FujiNet, it was the third-smallest type, like 100K or something like that.

2. I mounted the disk to slot 1.

3. I hit the Option key to boot the machine.

Instead of going to BASIC I get a garbled screen. Figuring that it's trying to read from an empty disc, I switched the FujiNet off, restarted the computer and switched FujiNet back on when basic started. I tried to save it using a filename with both D: and D1: but nothing happened.

I've searched this forum and the internet in general, but the only thing I've found close to this involves the N: device, and that is much more complicated than what I need. I don't want to open a socket up to another machine, I just want to be able to read and write to the emulated disk drive from BASIC.

I also just bought an Action! cart on eBay, I assume I'm going to run into a similar problem?

(For that matter, is there a FujiNet manual somewhere? I found nothing like that on the Brewing Academy website.)

Blank disks are just that, blank disks. There's no filesystem on them, and due to the wide variety of DOSes, there is no point in pre-populating images with a filesystem.

So what you need to do is boot a DOS in D1, there are plenty in the DOS/ folder on atari-apps.irata.online. Put the blank disk in D2: make sure it's mounted WRITE.

Then, OPTION to boot.

Once booted, if you're in BASIC, you can either:

READY

XIO 254,#1,0,0,"D2:"

to format the disk in BASIC, OR, you can do it from the DOS utility package, by typing

READY

DOS

and doing it there.

Once formatted, you can use the disk.

-Thom

• Thanks 1