IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: the printer said he needs a few more days to die cut the boxes, so I won't have them until next week. That means I'll probably end up filling the first batch of USA orders end of March instead of March 22nd. International orders will be a few weeks after that to account for transit time for print sets to Europe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, phoboz said:

That's up to the publisher @Songbird to decide, but I guess it's unlikely to happen before the physical copies are sold out?

Do the physical copies actually ever sell out if they’re still being made though? 

I mean, as long as Carl is running Songbird, I imagine the games will forever be available to purchase in physical format. As should be the case really.

The only exception would be the low CD runs I gather. I’m guessing the field has changed a lot with the GD being out but there will always be collectors and those who just generally prefer the real deal.

3 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

So… I returned to Asteroite after a long time away, and I seem not to be able to save. My old save game was gone, and new save games don’t seem to take. Is there some trick here or is there something wrong with my eeprom?

Where did you buy it from, I can only diagnose the problem if it was shipped from Europe?

If you purchased from US you need to contact @Songbird, if you bought from UK you need to contact @Gaztee.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

So… I returned to Asteroite after a long time away, and I seem not to be able to save. My old save game was gone, and new save games don’t seem to take. Is there some trick here or is there something wrong with my eeprom?

Check it on the other Jaguar? ;-)

• Like 1

If you have to pat your cat while playing the Jaguar, keep your fingers away from the cartridge connectors.

htyFiqijpH-U-JBQSgrC6uSluYbQQt3MowVUy8qjpnU.thumb.jpg.bad957eccd0013896d5cc901f4241215.jpg

Your cat may generate a potential of thousands of volts, while an EEPROM chip is designed to operate at a few volts.

NOTE: That this is just my theory ?

Edited by phoboz
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

But the Jaguar is a big cat. How is he supposed to play the game, then?

The big cat is a speed-runner, he doesn't need saveslots!

Thanks for the tip though, the EEPROM check function indicates that static memory isn't working according to spec, but it can't really tell why? Either the chip may be broken, or not present at all (which I doubt, unless the cat ate it)?

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

With software only, it's not possible to tell the difference between dirty contacts and a bad/missing EEPROM chip.

Yes right, (besides from being bad) it will appear either as missing, partially connected, or not connected at all.

PS. Normally I would expect some transient-voltage-supression-diodes on the sensitive connections to battle the cat problem.

Edited by phoboz
  • Haha 1