IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

The cart is fine on my other Jag.

855FC31A-74B1-4539-A255-E9B53B03B47D.thumb.jpeg.acaeba97da426b7c7677d0ee66e9488a.jpeg

The cotton swab came away clean, so I don’t think it was a dirty connector - I think either the cart slot on my other Jag is dirty or a pin is bent :(

I won’t get to check it for a couple weeks. Will update when I do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 6:40 PM, LynxEffect said:

I would urge @Songbird to seriously think about making ROMs available for download, a year or so after physical release.

(Since Carl's also got the rights to Battlemorph, I would love to see that game available as a ROM, since I don't own a Jaguar CD).

I did promise one person that I will make Wormhole 2000, and SpideX available as digital purchases this autumn. I also got an answer from @Songbird (that still sell these games) that I can start the digital sale around October. So this will be like a pilot for potential future digital purchases. This will also be an opportunity for me to check out how it could work from the technical side (e.g. in the web-shop etc.)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I did promise one person that I will make Wormhole 2000, and SpideX available as digital purchases this autumn. I also got an answer from @Songbird (that still sell these games) that I can start the digital sale around October. So this will be like a pilot for potential future digital purchases. This will also be an opportunity for me to check out how it could work from the technical side (e.g. in the web-shop etc.)

For those people that already own a copy or two of Wormhole 2000 and SpideX, will there be a discounted or free digital download of those games?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sdrake said:

For those people that already own a copy or two of Wormhole 2000 and SpideX, will there be a discounted or free digital download of those games?

Yes I think the ones that already bought a physical copy from me should be able to buy the games for just a symbolic fee (using a coupon at checkout)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, phoboz said:

That's awesome. I'm glad you guys are looking into this. Physical is awesome (and I would still go that way for some carts), but also having digital available would probably allow myself and others to take a chance on games we weren't sure about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RollOut said:

digital available would probably allow myself and others to take a chance on games we weren't sure about.

Agreed. Just an idea this gave me: In addition to deals on the ROM download for those that purchased the physical game, it'd be cool if we could apply some portion of a digital-only purchase towards a physical cartridge.

Reminds me of the old days when I'd ride my bike down to the local video rental store to try games for a weekend before I decided where to direct my lawn mowing money for a full purchase.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Karyyk said:

Man, I've had this game for months and still haven't cracked the seal (or opened it at all). Such is the adult life...

I can relate - bought 2 games recently (Last Strike & Gravitic Mines) and they are still sat unopened and the Jag not hooked up.

• Sad 1

On 8/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Editorb said:

"Hint" might not be a strong enough term for the level of assistance I generally require, but, yes! Help! Gimme gimme gimme!

The last missile is at the beginning of the game. When the diagonal stairs begin, use multiple jumps to get ontop of the stairs’ roof. There it is. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The last missile is at the beginning of the game. When the diagonal stairs begin, use multiple jumps to get ontop of the stairs’ roof. There it is. 

It's probably one of trickier ones to find as you need to backtrack, but you can still get this one before you even entered the abandoned factory, or the laboratory area.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just completed Asteroite, 100%, and can confirm there are 32 missiles to collect (not 33). This was my first playthrough. I enjoyed it a lot and I honestly could not fault the graphics, gameplay, sound, or the difficulty curve. I love games of this genre and it's so good that Phoboz et al. and Songbird made it happen. Excellent work to everyone involved, a brilliant game!

image.thumb.png.d687f10524ac8a638524305427f29e49.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2