IGNORED

Metroidvania for Atari Jaguar - anyone?

phoboz

3 hours ago, CD-i said:

So is every version the same (boxed, manual) when we order from you or songbird? Since I'm in Europe that would be interesting to know :) @phoboz

We have at least 8 people gathered in Germany to order from you ^^

Yes the box, manual and label will be from the same run (I will have a batch shipped to me). The cartridges will be built locally, but the game software on the cartridges will be exactly the same.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CatQuartetGamer said:

I just placed my preorder.  I really enjoyed Kings of Edom and I can't wait to play this too.  I'm also looking forward to see what phoboz comes up with next.

Something 3D perhaps given the testing phoboz has done! But yes, Kings of Edom is a solid game for a single member developer. Asteroite looked killer right from the start! (forgive me for not enjoying your trailers, going to save it for playing myself ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grips03 said:

I hope his next game will be Metal Slug or Splatterhouse type game.  

This one looks awesome.

Yes the Jaguar library was screaming for a solid run n' gun, this game attempts to fill the void for games like: Axiom Verge, Metroid, Contra/Probotector, Turrican, Metal Slug, Alien 3 and the Terminator platform game. Although the game is unique in it's own right.

I actually worked on a platformer game engine for years (on various consoles and PC) before I finally managed to get something that feels right. This is very important for this type of game, that you feel you are in control. Believe this is not an easy task when you are not using point and click tools to create your game (e.g. Unity, Game Maker Studio, or similar tools)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Thanks! Aiming for a March 22 release date in the USA. Might be a bit later in Europe, depending on how quickly the materials arrive there.

That works too. Hope to get it by the weekend so I can play Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Depends on the US mail though. Mailman has a big route so takes him time to deliver to me.