IGNORED

tnfs server on mac?

2 hours ago, FractalCZ said:

What a timing I have! :) Thank you

You may need to run a command in order to exclude it from quarantine. It’s been a while since I set up my TNFS server on my M1 MacBook Air. I don’t think Thom runs macOS so one of us Mac users will need to help out if you can’t find the command by searching Google. That’s what I think I had to do. 

Bob C

10 hours ago, darwinmac said:

You may need to run a command in order to exclude it from quarantine.

The easy way to do this is to control-click the executable in the Finder, select "Open" from the drop-down, and then "Open" from the security warning dialog. This only needs to be done once per download.

(Source: the asterisk at the bottom of this Apple Support page)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eyvind Bernhardsen said:

The easy way to do this is to control-click the executable in the Finder, select "Open" from the drop-down, and then "Open" from the security warning dialog. This only needs to be done once per download.

(Source: the asterisk at the bottom of this Apple Support page)

Unfortunately, I’ve tried that with executables and, unlike application packages, it doesn’t work for me. I usually have to run the “xattr” command to remove the alert that stops the executable from running. 

For packages, your method has always worked for me. 

Bob C

5 hours ago, darwinmac said:

Unfortunately, I’ve tried that with executables and, unlike application packages, it doesn’t work for me.

Oh, that’s interesting. This method works fine for me with both executables and app packages, but if you do need to use the terminal, the command is

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine tnfsd

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, FractalCZ said:

...how am I supposed to use this file?

You run it from the Mac command line (ie, the "Terminal" app in your utilities folder in the apps folder).

I don't recall the parameters off the top of my head, but there was documentation somewhere on it. You need to specify what folder to share as the mount point as I recall.  I last ran it when I had an intel Mac. I haven't tried the Arm version myself yet. Once running, it stays running in the background until you quit it or restart your Mac.

2 minutes ago, bhall408 said:

You run it from the Mac command line (ie, the "Terminal" app in your utilities folder in the apps folder).

I don't recall the parameters off the top of my head, but there was documentation somewhere on it. You need to specify what folder to share as the mount point as I recall.  I last ran it when I had an intel Mac. I haven't tried the Arm version myself yet. Once running, it stays running in the background until you quit it or restart your Mac.

I don't see any documentation at all. It's all so sketchy and I don't get it why is such a problem to drop a few lines on how to use it. But thank you anyway for pointing me to the terminal

1 minute ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Are you in the same directory as the file?

Is the file that you're using the one that was attached above in the thread, or is it one that you downloaded?

Yes, I'm in the Desktop folder. And I've downloaded the m1mac file so I changed the prompt to match. but still nothing

8 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

great. now just run the program like so:

./tnfsd.m1mac /path/to/your/atari/files

and replace the path with a real path to the files you want available on your tnfs server. 

Ha! Looks like it works! 
Starting tnfsd version 20.1115.2 on port 16384 using root directory "blablabla"

So it's running until I close the terminal window?