IGNORED

Incognito incompatibilities.

Wilheim

Hi, all!

I would like to know what are the known incompatibilities the Incognito board has in this moment. I noticed some games actually don’t work using this board. Does anyone know why is this happening.

i know it’s not a OS issue, because it happens with games that doesn’t use the OS. For example: Bounty Bob strikes back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this game doesn't work because it is referencing the top half of the PIA address space, but that's not a bug.

as Candle says:

"a bug we call something unintended, this was explicity coded, so it's a feature"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xxl said:

this game doesn't work because it is referencing the top half of the PIA address space, but that's not a bug.

as Candle says:

"a bug we call something unintended, this was explicity coded, so it's a feature"

Has anyone ever said you hold a mean grudge? Fact is: You can code your game to work around this feature, people patch your game to do so (at your disapproval) - Yet you don't do so? In fact: You shamelessly admit to deliberate underhanded manipulative coding in some pointless crusade to make it known that you 'disapprove' as some form of A8 purist.

Let go of that hate, you'll feel much better and your software will appeal to a wider audience. Your grudge is pointless.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

You shamelessly admit to deliberate underhanded manipulative coding in some pointless crusade to make it known that you 'disapprove' as some form of A8 purist.

never did that. you probably know better what I'm doing;)

---

do not clutter the thread with your innuendo. stick to the topic

Edited by xxl
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, xxl said:

never did that. you probably know better what I'm doing;)

You're the one that put it in writing in another thread, I didn't imagine I read it and others also picked up on your comment. Be careful what you post online, it's there forever.

Fact is: You can patch your game quickly and easily, you refuse to do so and that refusal is pointless.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

You're the one that put it in writing in another thread, I didn't imagine I read it and others also picked up on your comment. Be careful what you post online, it's there forever.

send me a link to it ? I'd love to read it.

What a short memory the troll has.  I accused him of coding that on purpose, he denied it, someone quickly patched the software to work, he demanded the patch be taken down, then was forced to eat crow and say it was coded on purpose.

Why do people think that they can delude people so easily?  Most people are too stupid to be a good liar.  BTW - just because you can wave your hand and say "I didn't say it", it's very easy to find it in multiple places.  The group of us hear don't share in some group hallucination.

Keep it up.  The last person to call me an envious snake and accuse me of lies while lying has been gone for a long time now.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What a short memory the troll has.  I accused him of coding that on purpose, he denied it, someone quickly patched the software to work, he demanded the patch be taken down, then was forced to eat crow and say it was coded on purpose.

Why do people think that they can delude people so easily?  Most people are too stupid to be a good liar.  BTW - just because you can wave your hand and say "I didn't say it", it's very easy to find it in multiple places.  The group of us hear don't share in some group hallucination.

Keep it up.  The last person to call me an envious snake and accuse me of lies while lying has been gone for a long time now.

Some say reality is a group hallucination, obviously this individual isn't part of our reality.

• Haha 3

Ok, going back to the topic.

@xxl In the case of BB, it’s possible. Anyway, I already managed to change that occurrences. Unfortunately, it still hangs and can’t find any other $d000-$d7ff access that were outside the common use. I shared that on the Bounty Bob thread hanging around near.

I will appreciate if any of you can help me find what is happening then. Maybe there’s something that we have to take into account.

• Like 2

what are your current symptoms with that game?

i know for sure that if pokey has no shadow registers then birds on title screen get lazy, and end after bringing one or two letters to the board, also game won't start correctly then

if porta is not present on random locations of d3xx page, then joystick won't work

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:14 AM, candle said:

what are your current symptoms with that game?

I've been testing versions of BBSB with my Incognito for Wilheim.  None of the XEX files for the game will load, I just get a black screen.  My Incognito is set to XL/XE with 1088K Rambo.

38 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

can we please stop naming all of the files with the same name, each version needs to be identifiable... please moderators give them each a unique name... this ALWAYS causes issues down the road.

I would delete file if I could, I used to be able to do that.  It was just the Version that ran on Incognito , and was the name it was.

52 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

can we please stop naming all of the files with the same name, each version needs to be identifiable... please moderators give them each a unique name... this ALWAYS causes issues down the road.

I suspect that changing the names of uploaded files to make them all unique would not be easy to do.  This is just a random idea, but I wonder if it would be possible for @Albert to modify the download link for file attachments to display a checksum along with the file size and download count?  That would at least provide a way to identify and refer to a specific version of a file.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bandit said:

Back in 2013 a guy here, fixed the Bounty Bob Strikes back for the no joystick issue and play's through the Game

That one flashes an orange and blue random bunch of characters for a split second then nothing.  It works on your Incognito?

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

That one flashes an orange and blue random bunch of characters for a split second then nothing.  It works on your Incognito?

Yes I can play that a few levels, Just ran and tested again, maybe upload ? anyway I have the first run board and iam using a BIOS from 2013 .

Also changed name of file .

BBSB_Incognito.xex

Edited by bandit

16 minutes ago, bandit said:

Yes I can play that a few levels, Just ran and tested again, maybe upload ? anyway I have the first run board and iam using a BIOS from 2013 .

Also changed name of file .

BBSB_Incognito.xex 40.33 kB · 1 download

I have the second run.  Is it possible something might be wrong with my installation?  It will load some XEXs but not others.  I don't see any pattern to it.  Maybe a RAM issue?  What are your Incognito settings?