IGNORED

Incognito incompatibilities.

Wilheim

5 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I have the second run.  Is it possible something might be wrong with my installation?  It will load some XEXs but not others.  I don't see any pattern to it.  Maybe a RAM issue?  What are your Incognito settings?

Mine are basic, 1meg xl OS That is it

14 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I assume BASIC State is what I want?

Run loader, move to 'Options' menu (cogged wheel), check 'Basic:' option is set to 'Disabled'. It can't share a setting with the main setup menu since the loader can work independently of the firmware setting.

CTRL+B in the loader also works.

Edited by flashjazzcat

1 minute ago, flashjazzcat said:

Run loader, move to 'Options' menu (cogged wheel), check 'Basic:' option is set to 'Disabled'. It can't share a setting with the main setup menu since the loader can work independently of the firmware setting.

Ok did that.  Didn't help I'm afraid.

12 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Just tested the XEX from post 19 here and it runs no problem, so there another issue at your end.

Can you tell me your settings (at least the important ones)?  Maybe I have something set weird.

Is there an Incognito diagnostic I can run?

10 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Can you tell me your settings (at least the important ones)?  Maybe I have something set weird.

XL/XE mode, any RAM size (64K and 1088K both work), stock XL/XE OS, BASIC off in the loader. Anything else = don't care.

11 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Is there an Incognito diagnostic I can run?

You could try RWCRC from Drac030's website. Place this executable inside of an SDFS formatted APT partition, and it will write out and verify some 1MB or so of CRC data to the hard disk. I am supposing there are some transmission errors on the CF card here, but I'm really just speculating.

1 minute ago, flashjazzcat said:

FAT32 or FAT16 will do for the loader. No other requirements.

Ok.  Any special files that need to be there or can I just format it Fat32 and dump one XEX on it to test?  I tried that but SIDE didn't see anything.

I just did some testing with random XEX and ATR files and they all worked.  BBSB does not.  Something is amiss for sure.

OK found my problem.  I had formatted it FAT not FAT 32.  I formatted this new card (only 512MB) and put the BBSB on it and lo and behold it works.  So the problem is my other 4GB card (a Sandisk Ultra).  I'm going to try and reformat the card and put the files back and see if that works.  Otherwise I guess I'll need a new card.

• Like 1

Ok the last file that was posted works on both cards now (the one labeled BBSB Incognito).  No idea what the problem was.

BTW is there a way to get BASIC to load from a cart if I want?  I have the BASIC cart plugged into the system but when I hit reset from the loader it doesn't want to load it.  It loads other carts just fine this way though.

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

No other interfering roms in a slot and the toggle in config is set properly?

What toggle?  I disabled BASIC in the loader menu, but I think I left Basic State in the BIOS at Default. 

I just want the ability to load BASIC if need be for various games that require it.  If I have to reenable it in the loader when a game needs it I guess I can do it that way.

BTW how does one load through a peripheral (like a disk drive) with Incognito installed?  There are certain times I need to load something off a real disk drive, but I'll be damned if I can get that to work.

16 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Ok the last file that was posted works on both cards now (the one labeled BBSB Incognito).  No idea what the problem was.

BTW is there a way to get BASIC to load from a cart if I want?  I have the BASIC cart plugged into the system but when I hit reset from the loader it doesn't want to load it.  It loads other carts just fine this way though.

Why would you want to run BASIC from a cartridge, unless you are talking about BASIC XL/XE, most Atari BASIC cartridges are the buggy Rev.A while you can have Rev.C in the U1MB.

BASIC also isn't very useful without DOS, you can only access a tape drive without it, if running SpartaDOS(X) the CAR command should take you to whatever cartridge is in the slot.