IGNORED

why no 7800 homebrews?

christianscott

OK, I tested it out again and I didn't get the graphics problem. I reread my old posts and it seems I tested it on a PAL 7800 last time which is probably why I was getting the problem.

So, tonight, on an NTSC 7800, the only problems I noticed are:

You can't move up, either in the menu or the game.

The Select button resets the game instead of the Reset button (Reset button does nothing)

Mitch

OK, I tested it out again and I didn't get the graphics problem. I reread my old posts and it seems I tested it on a PAL 7800 last time which is probably why I was getting the problem.

well yes, it's an ntsc binary, and on a pal machine there's of course garbage at the end of the screen (and the display is shifted up), because the display list list doesn't contain enough scanlines.

The Select button resets the game instead of the Reset button (Reset button does nothing)

that's by design (the instructions even say that select aborts the game, iirc), but i agree, it's stupid. i don't know why i chose select instead of reset :)