IGNORED

Albert - new colorful game for Atari

Sikor

2 hours ago, Dkentflyer said:

I would love to buy the Cartridge Version of Albert. I am in the UK, can anyone provide me with a link?

@Dkentflyer  You can just email orders@retronics.eu. See my post above #285  

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/317167-albert-new-colorful-game-for-atari/?do=findComment&comment=4978479

FYI it took around 2 weeks to arrive as knocked around Poland for a while it seems. Retronics posted it on the 7th Jan and Royal mail delivered it on the 22nd Jan.

Edited by Beeblebrox

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, patjomki said:

How many levels does this game have (free version 1.02)? I made it up to level 21.

30 levels in the free version when playing on a PAL 64K A8. (As you are probably aware the game is PAL only). On 64k machines you only get a handful of levels.

For the boxed PAL cart version there are 40 levels.

To quote Kski:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317167-albert-new-colorful-game-for-atari/?do=findComment&comment=4973817

"There is 10 more levels, a few of them have different background colors. No extra enemies/obstacles etc."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

30 levels in the free version when playing on a PAL 64K A8. (As you are probably aware the game is PAL only). On 64k machines you only get a handful of levels.

For the boxed PAL cart version there are 40 levels.

To quote Kski:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317167-albert-new-colorful-game-for-atari/?do=findComment&comment=4973817

"There is 10 more levels, a few of them have different background colors. No extra enemies/obstacles etc."

Thank you. 👍

Playing the free version, since avgcart I'm not a fan of physical releases any longer (bought last squadron digitally).

Anyway, 10 levels to go, time to exercise.

[Edit: Finished, yeah - that was fun to play]

Edited by patjomki

16 minutes ago, patjomki said:

Thank you. 👍

Playing the free version, since avgcart I'm not a fan of physical releases any longer (bought last squadron digitally).

Anyway, 10 levels to go, time to exercise.

I only wish more people offered a digital paid for version, I also don't buy real versions unless I have both the funds and the want to own it as a real item, I worry what will happen if my little amount of real hardware dies, simple stuff I can fix as long as someone tells me what to remove and replace. I'm ok with the electronics replacement but not the fault finding so much. So if emulation becomes my only play source then I'm more than fine with that as Altirra is simply, the best, but what happens to those carts that I have no digital version of, sell them and then what...Hence my love of digital versions.

It's not like I can just dump the carts and patch them, my coding is not up to that level and I have no clue it there are any warezy type places for 8 bit Atari stuff to get a backup to go with the real cart.

So a passionate wish, if you make a cart version of a game, think about selling a digital one as well....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2021 at 6:52 AM, Sikor said:

More info at: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=nowinki&ucat=1&subaction=showfull&id=1613313216

Download also from atarionline.pl, unfortunately - games don't work on NTSC ataris...

I love how you named the game ALBERT of all things. Is this for @Albert? (I mean, he's so kind, he lets us talk about Atari and works hard to keep this going.)

On 12/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, Duddie said:

HI guys, I am sorry for my late reply... This game squeezes last drops of juice from Atari, so it doesn't work on NTSC machines due to lack of CPU time during one NTSC frame - it is too short. It needs 50 Hz frame.

How about 30fps NTSC? I'll take that over nothing at all...

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

yup, the coder of Albert definitely states NTSC version was not on the cards on the site:

"Among other things, that's why there will be no NTSC version, the second thing is the need to create a separate DLI code, and less color changes will fit. It would have to be a separate slightly poorer game, and with Albert the second the difference would be even more visible..."

Incidentally I am very much hoping the planned sequel to Albert - which was alluded - to is still on the cards someday. :D 

• Like 1