IGNORED

Looking to upgrade the VCS... storage / RAM...

82-T/A

Anyone have some recent suggestions on SSD drives that work?  I bought a Silicon Power drive a little over a year ago and its dead already - not crossing my fingers they will warranty it.  I could buy another for $60 but would rather another brand which seems to last.

7 hours ago, Goochman said:

Anyone have some recent suggestions on SSD drives that work?  I bought a Silicon Power drive a little over a year ago and its dead already - not crossing my fingers they will warranty it.  I could buy another for $60 but would rather another brand which seems to last.

I have a WD Blue 500 GB and it's been working for about 3 years now.  I have heard good things about Samsung drives.  If you're into keeping it all Atari all the time, they have an Atari branded Kingston drive on the Atari website for purchase.  You pay a premium for it, but it's nice that they offer one now.

Western Digital (WD) and Samsung are going to have good build quality and longevity. It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything that wasn’t one or the other. 

For my setup, I am using a WD 2TB m.2 and a Samsung 1TB external SSD. Both are performing as I would expect. 

21 hours ago, Goochman said:

I've had a WD Blue in my VCS for almost 3 years.   I've had Crucial MX SATA SSD in another for almost 7 years.   Dead in a year should not be the norm, but stick with quality brands and you should be good.

Ive been using SSD drives for over 10 years and in the last 2 years Ive had a Sumsung, SP and another off brand die within a year.  All were warrantied but thats little consoliation when you lose your data or have to rebuild an OS.  All of them have been these M.2 drives

• Sad 1