IGNORED

UK Customers can't be sent games by Atariage anymore / European maybe next

JaggingUK

• 3 weeks later...

Took a while but it finally landed.

AA.thumb.jpg.67e56b9f2a11fb8a5818a0ae0fa66ff6.jpg

For those playing along the duty+handling fee was £72.75 (near as damnit $85 today). Couple of things on there for @GDT2019 the rest is mine. Mainly replacing some 7800 stuff with NTSC that I'd had on PAL. Would have liked to have got more, but that's how the cookie crumbles. As it is, I'm a happy bunny.

• Like 4

I plan to play GM using rotary as I prefer it, but I thought I'd give it a test with the Pro to give the controller a go and it seems fine. By fine I mean on a par with a standard jaguar controller D-Pad, so not great, but not terrible either. Kinda what I expected, I had hoped it'd be some sort of revelation, but in all honesty it's just me getting a Pro Controller while I can for sensible money, and in the hope that some day we get the uber-jag-doom in some fashion.

13 minutes ago, juansolo said:

I plan to play GM using rotary as I prefer it, but I thought I'd give it a test with the Pro to give the controller a go and it seems fine. By fine I mean on a par with a standard jaguar controller D-Pad, so not great, but not terrible either. Kinda what I expected, I had hoped it'd be some sort of revelation, but in all honesty it's just me getting a Pro Controller while I can for sensible money, and in the hope that some day we get the uber-jag-doom in some fashion.

Don't do it with the rotary :)

And yes, you will (eventually) get Doom: Slayer Edition

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueIn2Red said:

Nice! How is you pro controller? Mine unfortunately needs a very firm press on the d-pad to activate a direction (worst going right). Makes it almost useless for games which require precise control (like Gravitic Mines).

@Bratwurst makes a replacement D-pad that several people found much better than the original one:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ryanjagman said:

Hi there can we now order direct to U.K. from the Atari age website?

Last update from Al was that he'd got the HMRC side of things sorted, but I suspect it'll take a while before that's all integrated into the site. Currently big orders ($200+) can be fudged through by setting your country to Ireland and putting a note in to say that you're really in the UK (details a couple of pages back). They come via the old system so we sort the customs side of things at our end on arrival.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this working now?

It appears that you can fill your cart, use the quick checkout button and it calculates the shipping to UK, no errors.

It still gives an error though if you try to estimate the shipping cost whilst viewing your cart.

Can anyone confirm?, I have a friend who has successfully placed an order to the UK. Will it ship?

Thanks

Hello,

1 minute ago, mdkdue said:

Is this working now?

It appears that you can fill your cart, use the quick checkout button and it calculates the shipping to UK, no errors.

It still gives an error though if you try to estimate the shipping cost whilst viewing your cart.

Can anyone confirm?, I have a friend who has successfully placed an order to the UK. Will it ship?

Thanks

Yes, if you checkout it will work.  The problem is the estimator chokes on, I think, all international rate calculations because the store software sucks.  And once I get past the hump of getting the new games into the store and getting those shipped out, I will be putting 100% of my efforts into getting a new store online that will remedy many issues.

The store will add 20% VAT to any UK orders, it just shows up in the order as a "TAX" line when checking out.  This will also be a bit clearer with the new store, which better supports VAT (the current store doesn't really support it at all, I just had to add a 20% tax for UK customers). 

..Al

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Hello,

Yes, if you checkout it will work.  The problem is the estimator chokes on, I think, all international rate calculations because the store software sucks.  And once I get past the hump of getting the new games into the store and getting those shipped out, I will be putting 100% of my efforts into getting a new store online that will remedy many issues.

The store will add 20% VAT to any UK orders, it just shows up in the order as a "TAX" line when checking out.  This will also be a bit clearer with the new store, which better supports VAT (the current store doesn't really support it at all, I just had to add a 20% tax for UK customers). 

..Al

Thanks for the quick response Albert.

I am going to PM you as this means I may need to cancel my order and repurchase.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:34 AM, ryanjagman said:

its still nearly $30 for shipping for just one jag game which is crazy, anyone else willing to order so we could split the shipping costs?

Sadly shipping from the US has gone mental across the board. That's just what it is now. Couple that to the state of the pound vs the dollar at the moment and the duty and it means that buying from the US right now is insanely expensive. I'll be waiting at least a year now anyhow to buy the PRGE haul as bare carts to try and manage the costs a bit.