IGNORED

The NOT derail Thread

emkay

16 hours ago, Yautja said:

What kind of a man desecrates a defenseless thread and turns it into a toxically intense ego mayhem? ? But wait... it was intended to be that way, ain't it? ?

13 derail posts till now.  Including yours. 

As expected, the 1st by McLaneinc , the most by Stephen. 

<DELETED PREVIOUS POST - probably a mute point since it's already propagated through quotes>

Although I still feel that what I wrote wasn't far off the mark, I shouldn't have posted it. I let a bad mood and an annoyance get the better of me. For that I am truly sorry.

Edited by mytek
I lost my cool
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mytek said:

I this drivel has gone on long enough, so here's number 16...

Mods please delete or lock down this obviously mislabelled self serving topic before I have to put MK on permanent ignore for utter stupidity.  I simply don't understand how other members have been barred forever from AA for doing far less than this narcissist continues to do.  Maybe MK is paying Albert under the table to support his cause.

Seriously what is the point of starting and titling a topic as: The NOT derail Thread  :?

Is this a dare - as in please try to derail this topic.  What purpose does it possibly serve and why is it in the 8-bit forum instead of in the General BS forum?  BTW, how can you derail a topic that really had no coherent message to convey in the first place other than to serve as a soap box for MK?

AA continues to sink to new lows because of users doing this kind crap.

You're still not ashamed writing the same utter nonsense?

The third post is a derail already. 

Then again things get personal towards me. 

Then People obviously lie and even after the evidence they do, there is no excuse?

Sometimes I have the bad feeling there is a bad written AI talking to me. Not able to learn.  

And that, and only that is the cause for a lot people to leave this forums. 

There have been several threads where people brought ideas, and it has been always the same people picking . And there ARE threads where I didn't take part . The leader always was McLaineinc. Followed by other "mobbers"... 

Edited by emkay
  • Haha 1

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day? You’re the asshole.”

Please note that I'm not calling you (or anybody else) an asshole, it's just something to consider. I saw this quote somewhere one day and I found it applicable - not always, but sometimes - since I also like to argue on the internets. And sometimes it's good to take a step back and have a critical look at yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, youxia said:

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day? You’re the asshole.”

Please note that I'm not calling you (or anybody else) an asshole, it's just something to consider. I saw this quote somewhere one day and I found it applicable - not always, but sometimes - since I also like to argue on the internets. And sometimes it's good to take a step back and have a critical look at yourself.

Reminds me of "Don't trusss..t emkay.... heeessssss ... a poissssss.enous Ssssss.nake"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mytek said:

I this drivel has gone on long enough, so here's number 16...

Mods please delete or lock down this obviously mislabelled self serving topic before I have to put MK on permanent ignore for utter stupidity.  I simply don't understand how other members have been barred forever from AA for doing far less than this narcissist continues to do.  Maybe MK is paying Albert under the table to support his cause.

Seriously what is the point of starting and titling a topic as: The NOT derail Thread  :?

Is this a dare - as in please try to derail this topic.  What purpose does it possibly serve and why is it in the 8-bit forum instead of in the General BS forum?  BTW, how can you derail a topic that really had no coherent message to convey in the first place other than to serve as a soap box for MK?

AA continues to sink to new lows because of users doing this kind crap.

A typical honey pot ;)

• Haha 1

I will admit this thread doesn't really let me "in.".

I just don't know what you all are discussing or why, I guess you had to be there.

I will say this, I was at Chuck E. Cheese and they have a game called Pink Panther: Jewel Heist.

That game would do well on the Atari, imho.   I'm not sure if it matters to me, whether a game clocks in at 100% of capabilities.

A fun game that looks good, might be nice.... <---dunce, go sit in the corner.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark2008 said:

I will admit this thread doesn't really let me "in.".

I just don't know what you all are discussing or why, I guess you had to be there.

I will say this, I was at Chuck E. Cheese and they have a game called Pink Panther: Jewel Heist.

That game would do well on the Atari, imho.   I'm not sure if it matters to me, whether a game clocks in at 100% of capabilities.

A fun game that looks good, might be nice.... <---dunce, go sit in the corner.

Reminds me of something. 

I wonder why this game never had been finished.

18 minutes ago, Mark2008 said:

I like the graphics effect there, it sets an immediate sense of urgency, I think.

The Atari is a "Vertical Scrolling Powerhouse" . The multiple layer scrolling looks really impressive. A lot 16 bit computers might have problems to reproduce this. 

The game is working generally. 

With a "promise" of "will be released" ... things stopped about 2014.

2 minutes ago, emkay said:

The Atari is a "Vertical Scrolling Powerhouse" . The multiple layer scrolling looks really impressive. A lot 16 bit computers might have problems to reproduce this. 

This BG scroll is simple trick rather then Vertical Scrolling Powerhouse I suppose...

2 minutes ago, zbyti said:

This BG scroll is simple trick rather then Vertical Scrolling Powerhouse I suppose...

OMG.

What do you think are the hardware features of the chipset ?

It is a combination of vertical scrolling and character set rotation plus PMg movement.

As those FX cost almost no CPU, there is enough CPU power left,  to handle a fully working game. 

1 hour ago, emkay said:

Reminds me of something. 

I wonder why this game never had been finished.

I can guess the answer.  It has not been finished because it was not done in Mode 7!

• Haha 6

Btw: The C64 game runs at the resolution of 133x200

The Downfall demo on the Atari runs at 160x240 pixels.

It's the same aspect ratio. That's why the C64 screen looks as big as the Atari screen on Youtube.

What a fake...