IGNORED

VCS Companion App

Rick Dangerous

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

It will be the same as the email linked to your account on the VCS is. Whatever you used for your Atari VCS profile during initial bootup.

But it's asking for an email id... I dunno what that is. I know my email I used but this is asking for some sort of pin. I tried my pin I use as my password for the VCS but it doesn't work.

33 minutes ago, Paul Holbrook said:

But it's asking for an email id... I dunno what that is. I know my email I used but this is asking for some sort of pin. I tried my pin I use as my password for the VCS but it doesn't work.

There are 2 fields in the app, but it's not clear, pending an update of the app with better user-interface (I hope).
1) The email registered to your VCS, for your account (which is the one used for purchasing things from VCS store etc.)
2) The PIN code you set on the VCS, for your account (even if you subsequently disabled the PIN request for VCS login)

1 minute ago, justclaws said:

There are 2 fields in the app, but it's not clear, pending an update of the app with better user-interface (I hope).
1) The email registered to your VCS, for your account (which is the one used for purchasing things from VCS store etc.)
2) The PIN code you set on the VCS, for your account (even if you subsequently disabled the PIN request for VCS login)

Mine only has one field. If it has two then I can't get past the email id. And I have tried my security pin I made for the VCS and it still isn't working.

3 minutes ago, Paul Holbrook said:

Mine only has one field. If it has two then I can't get past the email id. And I have tried my security pin I made for the VCS and it still isn't working.

Yeah, it only looks that way.  Like @justclaws said, it is a terrible UI on the sign in screen.  I had the same trouble when I first used it too (so have thousands of others), but once you get past the sign in screen it's pretty easy to use.

59 minutes ago, Paul Holbrook said:

Lol but I can't get past it :(

Ok, so the sign in screen looks like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.d586ca0dc832cfd76101ef63058f70c1.jpeg

You are supposed to tap above the line where it say "Enter your VCS User Account email ID".  This will bring up a virtual keyboard to put in your email address.  After you put in the email address you need to tap in the first of the six black boxes and put in your PIN.  Then you need to push the "Launch" button and it should pair up.

Another question: Is your VCS on or off when you are trying to start the app?  The VCS should be on so that you can test it right away.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Has anyone tried this app recently? I have two issues with it:

- I can't login. It says that my PIN is incorrect. While unlikely, it's possible of course. How do I show my pin in the VCS then? I can get to my profile and see it asterisk'ed

- I also tried the PIN reset. That's even more frustrating, it just says that something went wrong..