IGNORED

Thrill Kill

classicgamer74

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 8:34 PM, classicgamer74 said:

In today's episode I discuss the most controversial prototype ever:  Thrill Kill.  What are some other controversial games that you enjoy?  

The Thrill Kill story is so depressing.

The game is actually not that great, but I still love the entire 4 player CONCEPT and most of the characters.  I thought the Wu Tang game built off the engine was just ok.  I've been waiting for the day to come that this title is reborn, but for now, I can at least play it on my Raspberry Pi build. I have the complete version with all the cinematics end cutscenes.

Eternal Champions is another depressing story.  That is, IMO, the best console exclusive fighting game ever, and the CD really added so much new great and violent content. I also love all the multiplayer options.  I can't believe the Sega Saturn sequel was cancelled because they were worried it would compete with Virtua Fighter.   It's another game that is supposed to be making a comeback, but it's been a couple years since I've seen an update.

My contribution to the thread is Chiller.  I loved those Exidy shooters like Crossbow and Cheyanne, and this is the best one they made!!!  Exidy has a great library of arcade classics, and Death Race was pretty controversial as well.

• Like 1

Though I haven't played it, my favorite controversial game has to be Dante's Inferno. Shame that they didn't have the gall to try and make sequels based on Purgatorio and Paradisio...

On 4/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, Mik's Arcade said:

The Thrill Kill story is so depressing.

The game is actually not that great, but I still love the entire 4 player CONCEPT and most of the characters.  I thought the Wu Tang game built off the engine was just ok.  I've been waiting for the day to come that this title is reborn, but for now, I can at least play it on my Raspberry Pi build. I have the complete version with all the cinematics end cutscenes.

Eternal Champions is another depressing story.  That is, IMO, the best console exclusive fighting game ever, and the CD really added so much new great and violent content. I also love all the multiplayer options.  I can't believe the Sega Saturn sequel was cancelled because they were worried it would compete with Virtua Fighter.   It's another game that is supposed to be making a comeback, but it's been a couple years since I've seen an update.

My contribution to the thread is Chiller.  I loved those Exidy shooters like Crossbow and Cheyanne, and this is the best one they made!!!  Exidy has a great library of arcade classics, and Death Race was pretty controversial as well.

I've played Eternal Champions, as well, and I didn't like it as much as Mortal Kombat, because of its sheer difficulty. Didn't know it had a canceled Saturn sequel.

"Though I haven't played it, my favorite controversial game has to be Dante's Inferno. Shame that they didn't have the gall to try and make sequels based on Purgatorio and Paradisio..."

The most controversial thing in that game was how well hung satan is....LOL

really good game....so good I played it twice in a row to do the light and dark path